• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2 dead cats!!!

Phazernut said:
Well mine hasn't left me stranded yet. But it has had to go back to the dealer twice in a week for electrical issues. Ruined two Saturday rides in a row. All last season it worked perfectly. This year I am having minor issues. Not ready to give up on it yet though. Still rides better than anything Yamaha currently offers. However if I have too many issues I'll be Blue again in 2014 if they come out with something good.

I agree this sled rides and handles way nicer than my nytro 350 miles on 1st belt and still going been running stage 2 and last to rides stage 3 on my turbo dynamics stage 4 tuner. Been going harder now.

Rode 250Km today on our club's trails saw two dead cats: one was abandoned, the other was waiting for it to cool down after an overheat. Both were newer turbos. Granted, we don't have a lot of snow but we do have some and at the very least, the snow dust takes care of cooling enough.

Oh, and my sig says it all :tg:

grader said:
that stuff left on the trail is kitty litter, unless the wind can move it, then its a furball.

Now thats funny. I will have to remember that one. I'm heading out on a 200 mile ride on thursday. :sled1: My 03 rx1 and 3 polaris, a 2013 switchback 600, 2010 switchback 600 and a 2011 750 turbo. Needless to say I will be taking a camera and a tow rope. :yam: knock on wood!!!

brendan.9 said:
Phazernut said:
Well mine hasn't left me stranded yet. But it has had to go back to the dealer twice in a week for electrical issues. Ruined two Saturday rides in a row. All last season it worked perfectly. This year I am having minor issues. Not ready to give up on it yet though. Still rides better than anything Yamaha currently offers. However if I have too many issues I'll be Blue again in 2014 if they come out with something good.

I agree this sled rides and handles way nicer than my nytro 350 miles on 1st belt and still going been running stage 2 and last to rides stage 3 on my turbo dynamics stage 4 tuner. Been going harder now.

Have you changed much with the gearing / clutching? My neighbor bought a High Country last week and is disappointed with the top end. Not too sure what he can realistically expect with the big track. Just curious what others are doing with them.

My gearing and clutching is stock. Not sure about the HC gearing but I know the XF gearing last season was low. Mine tops out at about 105MPH but man does it get you there quick. I would assume the HC has simillar lower gearing. The 2013 XF is geared the same as last seasons F sleds which is faster. Most people getting a HC are usually not worried too much about high speed.

I had to leave my apex on the trail and go back to get it with the trailer Saturday. Hit a series of 4ft ditches at 70mph across a field in the trail. Snapped the rear arm shaft clean in half. Go figure. My yam didn't let me down. The cat part I put in did lol. I'd post a pic but I can't figure out how from my iPhone.

8'500 miles on my 07 Attak GT, stock motor, clutchs and original belt. Any Cat I race I most often win by the length of my "" TOW STRAP "" :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Back