• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2 new questions about the GT

rhoag

Expert
I have been on three trips with my sled and now have a whoopping 360 miles on it. During the last trip every now and then I would smell raw fuel like I was leaking fuel. Like I said in other posts my sled sometimes stumbles when I punch it. Any ideas what could be causeing this? Then when I got home and cleaned it up then greased it, the very back fitting won't take any grease. Is there a trick to getting it to take grease, other than changing the fitting?
On a brighter note I saw 125MPH on the dreamo meter on a nice side road, with minimal snow.

take the fitting out - replace it with a threaded one and put blue loctite or a type of thread sealer (jb weld?) on the threads - let it dry and grease it again - never heard of the gas thing???
they all hesitate like you metion when you blip the throttle without the clutch engaged.

I had the gas thing this weekend and I only got 120 miles to a tank. I was actually looking for a hole because I could smell raw fuel. I never did find a leak. My sled does not have any hesitation and runs like a champ. Doug

My dealer called Yamaha and they instructed him to put JB Weld on all the grease fittings that are leaking. Ended up doing it myself.

Jon

My dealer welded all fittings before delivery. It's not leaking out around the fitting I can't even pump the grease gun and I have close to 17 inch arms. LOL No grease will go in! I wonder if the raw fuel smell could be the fuel injection way out of synch? I heard from the dealer that when you synch these use #1 as a reference and don't adjust #1. Maybe I will try that.

how do you check if they are in sync? I think I heard something about the sync might also be causing the nasty harmonic I hear on my GT as well.

NY_SXR700
I have a manometer. I haven't tried it on the Apex yet but do RX1's all the time. What I do know is the caps and vacuum are harder to get at, but the adjustments are on the little block right on top. I am going to call the dealer and get the directions faxed over to me. Maybe I can scan them and post them on here.

I have a ladyometer but I bet that won't work. I am interested in the instructions for syncing these up. Please keep me posted on how yours look. If yours are spot on I bet I won't even mess with mine. Doug

Mine stopped hesitating after 2-300 miles and an Ulmer clutch kit install.

I don't have any hesitation, I do think it is running very rich. It will burn your eyes if your behind it. In the garage it will peg the CO meter in under 5 min. Sync does not have much to do with that but it's a starting place. Doug

My dealer did fax me a copy out of the manual for synching the FI, but it is to dark to scan. I may get this done this weekend and take pics along the way. The adjusting is easy, from what I understand getting at the vaccum connections is the hard part. They aren't easily accessable like the RX1. I will get my speed typer daughter to type the instructions into a post if I can't get a clean copy to scan.

Back