• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RS VENTURE 40,000 MILE REPORT - UPDATE 3-19-2009

Thanks Yellowknife,

You never know what the future may bring.

Several of us had plans to explore Labrador next year, and then jump over to New Foundland.

Keep me posted on your trip. ;)!

I need to savor this one for awhile! ;)!

Congrats hondo :) I'm still cheering for you and your sled.

I would also like to thank you for your review on the Curve XS skis.

Jan-Ove

Thanks for all your support Jan-Ove,

I'm drinking Budwieser which doesn't even come close to a Mack-Ol.

The Curves are a very stable ski. I really didn't know what to think before I put them on the sled.

I hope you are able to get a pair. They are that good. Get a set a shaper bars with 6" carbides.

Drink a Mack-Ol for me! ;)!

Haha I will, got a few in the fridge, wonder what wifey is going to say when I start drinking at noon LOL :) I'll better wait until tonight when kids are in bed fast asleep :)

Haha - I need a LearJet and fly to the east to reach night earlier, for my beer, hahaha

I believe the wheels are 1/4 inch larger. 1/8 th inch larger on each side.

Just reference the Kimpex part number.

Hope this helps! ;)!

Idler Wheels & Summerizing

Question for Hondo:
I have a 05 Venture. Tried to find those Kimpex-Polaris wheels and am told they are discontinued. Is there another wheel application that does the same thing?
With regard to summerizing - I am a really old fart who has been on these sleds since 1962. In my experience the best method to summerize is to put in double the dose of stabilizer, fill the tank and then the 1st of EVERY month, start the sled up, let it run for about 5 minutes, rev er up and spin clutches and track. This keeps everything mobile, no drying out of seals etc and stops that green gunge from growing in the carbs regardless of 2 stroke or 4 stroke. Has worked for me for all these years without a problem.
For that person tying to open the secondary (for us old guys who use to be Charles Atlas in our younger days) I have found that those rubber strap filter removers with the plastic handles, large size, wrapped judiciously around the secondary and then turned works for me. I can hold it open with one hand and remove the belt with the other.
I am brand new to this site so please be patient with me.

Re: Idler Wheels & Summerizing

Question for Hondo:

I have a 05 Venture. Tried to find those Kimpex-Polaris wheels and am told they are discontinued. Is there another wheel application that does the same thing? Have you checked with Kimpex directly? I have not heard this...There must be wheels available. In August I had quite a few wheels replaced.

With regard to summerizing - I am a really old fart who has been on these sleds since 1962. In my experience the best method to summerize is to put in double the dose of stabilizer, fill the tank and then the 1st of EVERY month, start the sled up, let it run for about 5 minutes, rev er up and spin clutches and track. This keeps everything mobile, no drying out of seals etc and stops that green gunge from growing in the carbs regardless of 2 stroke or 4 stroke. Has worked for me for all these years without a problem. I plan to do this on my 2009 RS Venture GT. On my 2005 I'll drain the fuel tank and run the engine dry. What ever that sucessfully works!

For that person tying to open the secondary (for us old guys who use to be Charles Atlas in our younger days) I have found that those rubber strap filter removers with the plastic handles, large size, wrapped judiciously around the secondary and then turned works for me. I can hold it open with one hand and remove the belt with the other.
I am brand new to this site so please be patient with me.

Great Information! Thanks for sharing and welcome to the site! ;)!

Just red the blog on Amsnow. Congrats again buddy on your achievement. The RS Venture proves to be very reliable :)

Jan-Ove
rxrider

Thanks Jan-Ove,

I was glad Mark Savage took the time to visit and see for himself what Northern Maine has to offe,r as well as witness the RS Venture rolling 40,000 miles. ;)!

:4STroke:

Nice review! It sounds like you never had to replace your cam chain tensioner?

Back