• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX1 MCX rear mount

Ok, so the aeromotive 13301 can use vacuum or boost for reference. So I found one and picked it up. Also got the AEM A/F meter. Thanks all for the help, if I had know the four stroke turbo was so difficult I may have let this one alone haha. I will post results, cheers!

He doesn't know what he's talking about. There is a boost reference port on the side of the regulator that I teed into the back of the carb boots. You'll need to get pressure from the back side so the regulator reacts quick enough to drop the fuel pressure when the boost drops off. Your FPR may not be bad. You can check it if you have a low pressure air source that you can adjust from one to however many pounds of boost your going to run. I have a separate toggle switch to turn on my fuel pump and if I set it with the adjustment nut to 4.5 pounds and add ten pounds of pressure it should be at 14.5 pounds I just temporarily tee a fuel pressure gauge into the line to one set of carbs to test that regulator. I don't have a low pressure way of putting air to the boost port so I use my acetelene torch and slide a vacuume hose over the end and hook it to the boost port. The acetylene gauge will go up to 15 pounds safely so I can adjust it this way. I know it's not the safest way to do things but your only letting enough out of the tank to pressurize the bellows in the regulator.

Well I wouldn't say he doesn't know what he is talkin about, more a "their application" comment. Either way I hooked the regulator up, set it to 3.5 psi at idle, and tried it out. Exact same symptoms. It builds pressure fine as the boost kicks in and pins my needle over 10 psi. So now at least I can omit the regulator. Getting the bung welded in Wednesday, but I suspect that will tell me I'm lean, confirm what I am thinkin. Not sure where to go from there. In an earlier post someone mentioned to spray brake clean on fittings to check for leaks, should i have used snoop instead since if it's leaking air it would be blowing out? Just a thought. The symptom seems to be getting worst since when I first got the sled, but then again maybe I just haven't tried it out enough since I pretty much started to troubleshoot as soon as I found this problem. Any input or suggestions are appreciated.

At idle you are running a vacuum. Therefore if one of the hoses is leaking it would be sucking.

When these turbos first came out the trick was to superglue the tees to the carbs but it didn't work very well so someone came out with the billet tees. They are made out of aluminum with an o-ring on each side to seal up the top of the floatbowl when the boost come up. If you don't have them it doesn;t get the pressure it needs to push the added fuel through the main jet to keep up with the extra air which will make it super lean. You have to fix this or it will never work..

Ken..........

Ok thanks guys, next thing, where can i get the billet tee's? Thanks again for the time and consideration

Try getting ahold of Ted Janetty . Ithink his business is Jannety Racing.

Ken.........

Ok I'll look him up. As for the O2 sensor, where is the best place to mount it? I am trying to get it ready to have it welded in tomorrow. I'm thinkin back by the turbo?

Click on the ''search forums'' banner at the top of the page and write in '' billet tees''. There are three pages of reading that you can look at. These may not be available any more but maybe with a little detective work you can find some or who the manufacturer was. Good luck.

Ken........

Ok I'll look him up. As for the O2 sensor, where is the best place to mount it? I am trying to get it ready to have it welded in tomorrow. I'm thinkin back by the turbo?

Good spot. near the back by the turbo where the pipe comes up from the tunnel.

Install the sensor after your turbo, in the outlet to your muffler or outlet pipe but try to keep it minimum 6" from the end & open air.
O2 sensors don't play well with alot of backpressure, reason OEM's put them after the turbo. Even the sensor manufacturers recommend not putting the sensor before a turbo because of the excessive backpressure. It's way higher than a normally aspirated exhaust backpressure...

Ok so the install of the sensor didn't go, but as I read under "billet tees" search, I found a air leak. I done as someone suggested and hooked up outlet of shop vac to turbo and blew air into the system. The tees all seem fine under the lb or so the shop vac produces, but the seals where the throttle shaft pivots are leaking on a couple of the carbs. Took quite a while to locate as it was a small leak. Can't imagine pulling apart the bank of carbs to replace those seals. Are the seals even avail? Should I try to locate a bank of carbs on eBay? Well I wrote off this weekend now, I'll be riding a Polaris I guess. Cheers and happy riding!
Oh, on the sensor location, behind the turbo there is not much more than 6". Is this where you are talking about mounting it?
Another question, will carbs off an 03-04 with part # 8fa-14900-01-00 work on my 05? the only number I see on mine is 8fa1 02 t472.

Last edited:
Ok so the install of the sensor didn't go, but as I read under "billet tees" search, I found a air leak. I done as someone suggested and hooked up outlet of shop vac to turbo and blew air into the system. The tees all seem fine under the lb or so the shop vac produces, but the seals where the throttle shaft pivots are leaking on a couple of the carbs. Took quite a while to locate as it was a small leak. Can't imagine pulling apart the bank of carbs to replace those seals. Are the seals even avail? Should I try to locate a bank of carbs on eBay? Well I wrote off this weekend now, I'll be riding a Polaris I guess. Cheers and happy riding!
Oh, on the sensor location, behind the turbo there is not much more than 6". Is this where you are talking about mounting it?
Another question, will carbs off an 03-04 with part # 8fa-14900-01-00 work on my 05? the only number I see on mine is 8fa1 02 t472.

Carbs should work but the mcx kit came with 2 little pieces that had to be installed and glued into the carb T's. Can't remember what they are called.

Any opinions on what I shoud do? Buy replacement used or try to fix the one I have? If fix, where could I get a kit? I would like to find those billet tees as well

There's got to be a turbo dealer out there that still has a set of the tees. Just try e-mailing them.

Ken.............

Back