• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2005 RX1 MCX rear mount

Your mains seem very high to me... I run 127.5 and it's still slightly rich with 135's
I couldn't keep it from bubbling at wot

It takes fuel to make horsepower. With my midmount system I'm only running 8 pounds and it runs as good as it did with 14 pounds on my old front mount setup. This is my old header that I built.
2w58snn.jpg

This is what I built for now.
207u6tt.jpg

I even covered it up to keep the heat away from everything.
2rr9zpw.jpg

Ken.................

Last edited:
wow ken ,that looks amazing .might have to get you too make me a header and a shield like that for mine .lol.good work .your header similar to an impulse .if my header crack again i think ill do midmount too .i have a powderlites 4 to 1 on it now ,which is only a couple years old and hasn't cracked yet .thank god

Carbs should work but the mcx kit came with 2 little pieces that had to be installed and glued into the carb T's. Can't remember what they are called.

Here is the install sheet from MCX. There is an aluminium nipple that goes into the T's. I don't know if the billet T's compensate for that cause I still have the stock ones on.

Attachments

• 20150216_104431[1].jpg
    20150216_104431[1].jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 178
Wow ken that looks like a very clean build!
My carbs are off again, I am gluing the tees, they have the inserts in them. Also, speaking to a local guy, he suggests I go to 130 main (as does MCX from instruction) and 15 pilots. I am now waiting for those to come in. If this don't fix the problem, the same guy has a bank of carbs he will sell me for $500. Guess I'll go for that.

Wow ken that looks like a very clean build!
My carbs are off again, I am gluing the tees, they have the inserts in them. Also, speaking to a local guy, he suggests I go to 130 main (as does MCX from instruction) and 15 pilots. I am now waiting for those to come in. If this don't fix the problem, the same guy has a bank of carbs he will sell me for $500. Guess I'll go for that.
Can you make a video of your sled running and post a link?

Can you make a video of your sled running and post a link? Did you take your regulator apart? You can remove all the screws and take it apart to check the condition of the spring. If the spring is damaged it will not run right. Mine was corroded so bad it was missing half of it. I bought a new regulator and installed it but it would not run as soon as it started boosing. Did not know what was going on. I had my pressure set a 2 psi but it would not run. I removed the locknut on the adjustment and screwed it until i started feeling the spring tension and locked it there. It solved my problem.

Did you ever run it with the A/F gauge on it too see where it's running at ? Those numbers will give us a better idea of where the problem is. Also, did you change the carb springs. That will affect the midrange A/F numbers as well.

Ken..........

Still haven't got the bung welded in. Hopefully I will get it done this week. Been waiting for the jets to come in so didn't get a chance to video the symptoms. I did not change the carb springs either. When I get the new jets in and carbs back on I'll video it running and try to post it here. Till then, I picked up another old 2 smoke today and was out havin a blast on that with the kids! Ride on
Ok, got the jets! 130 mains and 15 pilots. I also glued the tees, since they are the rubber ones with the inserts. I will put needle back to middle and air screw out 2 turns. One more question that I haven't seen anyone address, there is a third metering jet in the carb, the manual calls it starter jet. Mine is 75. The manual calls for a 95. Would this be cause for concern? I will post results and a vid of it doing its thing if it's not fixed.

Last edited:
Some have spoken of sanding down around the screw holes for the caps. Any guide/ number of passes with particular grit sandpaper?
Thanks

I sanded mine on a flat board by holding the cap and sanding from the center out towards the screw holes . Basically , what you want to accomplish is to sand a small bit of a rocker on the bottom so it touches more in the middle than the outside edges. That way it squeezes the center of the cap tighter to hold more boost pressure. All it takes is a small amount of sanding with some 320 grit paper.

Ken....

So after the install of new pilots (15) and new mains (130), gluing the tees. Still have the same symptoms. I will try to get a video of it later today. I am going to try it without the turbo hooked up. Will this be of any benefit in troubleshooting and are there any dangers in doing this? Thanks

Well I tried but failed to upload a video. I did get some snoop and re check the connections for leaks. Didnt have any success finding any.

Back