• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Apex RTX Ohlins Upgrade Issue

Paddy

I picked up a used Ohlins rear shock to install in my 06 RTX. The issue I am having is there does not seem to be a white connector to plug the sub-harness into on the sled. It was my belief that all Apex's had the ability to plug and play the Ohlins shock as an upgrade.

See pics for missing connector.. Any thoughts on a work around? IMG_20160108_145912613.jpg

Paddy...IMG_20160108_145833969.jpg

I installed the rear Ohlins on the weekend, I looked one last time for the sled side connector before putting all the plastics back on. My work around for this season is to tape up the connector and zip tie the lead out of the way on the shock. With any luck I will figure out how to get this shock working soon.

Attachments

• IMG_20160116_093225655.jpg
    IMG_20160116_093225655.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 122
Did you acquire the sub-lead that runs from the connector under the hood to the connector on the shock itself? I've yet to see a 06-10 Apex without the connector coming out of the right side of the sled's body harness...

Did the same with my 06 RTX.....the cable was there, it had a white protective plug that had to be removed in order to plug in your shock cable

Could be bundled in the harness with the rubber boot over it adjacent to the cooling fan, peel it back and have a look.

Thanks for the tips guys.

Yes, I have the sub lead harness. My VIN ends in 1505 so it wasn't the first sled built, therefore it should have the shock connector. I will check again for the sled side connector to see if it is tucked up between the tank and the chassis.

Fairly sure it is closer to the area above the chaincase rather than the oil tank if that is what you were referring to.

i have herd that if sled didnt come with it gage cluster wont operate the adjustment, would have to be gage out of a gt , ye or ne?

Ne. The gauges are modular. The same part # was used for GT, RTX, and ER.

good to know!!

Back