• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Jan Muni TY Ride - Still Going to Happen?

looks like a weather pattern change is on the way. The weather channel guru is saying all that cold air that has been trapped up in canada is making its way southward, looks like next week sometime wednesday thursday highs in the mid 20's for UP Michigan, hopefully that gets the snow machine cranking. 3-6'' for the up today and tommorrow.

dont worry there will be plenty the warm temps havent affected things nearly as much as you might think. I'll let you know tomorow, Im going up there yet tonight or tomorrow morning for a half day of riding. Sure is nice to only be 40 min away from all that snow...

I have to disagree, just stay away from the trails going into town. there may be some brownspots, but its plenty rideable.

Im sure ill be back up there on friday or saturday this coming weekend, I'll let you know, as far as the ty ride gos im sure there will be plent when it roles around unless things get worse than they are now, but its supposed to cool back down and we are suppose to get some snow on wednesday I think.

Not only that, but the off trail is still awesome I heard.

The snow gods have never let us down yet!

I just talked to my buddy who just got back from Muni, stayed at the Alger Falls for the last 4 days. He says we'll be fine, lots of snow in the woods and all trails had snow but they were rough because the groomers weren't running due to the temps. So as long as the temps drop a little and the groomers can get back out we should be good to go ;)!

suppose to get snow wednesday but turned to wintry mix,maybe snow on friday looks like the cold temps are not going to stick around for to long back in thirties on jan 12-15. boo. my friend works for the noaa in marquette.

Just an FYI, if you are going to back out of the Muni ride, please call and cancel, there are many users on the waiting list.

Thanks
Tom

NOS-PRO said:
Not only that, but the off trail is still awesome I heard.

The snow gods have never let us down yet!

Here is what we found on last Sat. New Years Eve

Attachments

• Untitled - 7.jpg
    Untitled - 7.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 191
  • Untitled - 8.jpg
    Untitled - 8.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 187
  • Untitled - 6.jpg
    Untitled - 6.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Untitled - 5.jpg