• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Jan Muni TY Ride - Still Going to Happen?

Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just add the girls in bikinis, and I could die there..............

Todays report. and 3-7 is forcasted through thursday morning.

ALGER-LUCE-DELTA-SOUTHERN SCHOOLCRAFT-NORTHERN SCHOOLCRAFT- INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...MUNISING...NEWBERRY...ESCANABA... GLADSTONE...MANISTIQUE...SENEY 1034 PM EST TUE JAN 3 2006
...SNOW ADVISORY NOW IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM WEDNESDAY TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY...

THE SNOW ADVISORY IS NOW IN EFFECT FROM 5 AM WEDNESDAY TO 1 AM EST THURSDAY.

SNOW WILL DEVELOP LATE TONIGHT AND CONTINUE INTO THE EARLY MORNING HOURS ON THURSDAY WITH TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 TO 7 INCHES. AT THE ONSET LATE TONIGHT...THE SNOW WILL BE MIXED WITH FREEZING RAIN OR RAIN...BUT THE PRECIPITATION WILL QUICKLY CHANGE OVER TO ALL SNOW EARLY WEDNESDAY MORNING.

Central Upper Peninsula - By County

Marquette:
Marquette/Harvey Trails: Trails are groomed with no current conditions available.
Ishpeming/Negaunee Trails: Trails are groomed and in good condition with some wet spots.
Gwinn/Sawyer/Little Lake Trails: Trails are groomed and in good condition, but need more snow.
Big Bay Trails: Trails are groomed and in fair to good condition with some wet areas. Trail 310 is in poor condition.

Dickinson: (12/31) 6-8" cover. Trails are in poor condition.

Menominee: Trails are open.

Alger:
Munising: (1/2) 6" new snow. 4-8" base. Trails are groomed daily and in good condition, but need more snow.
Grand Marais: 4-6" base. Trails are groomed in in fair to good condition.

Delta: Grooming where and when possible - still need more snow.

Schoolcraft:
Seney:(12/31) 0-8" base. Trails are groomed and in fair to good condition.

"Munising.........Trails are groomed daily..........."

BULLFEATHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gerou only runs his guys out when he absolutely has to. I went from Chateau Buddah to the Buckhorn yesterday. I was going to go checkout Trail 8 but said the heck with it and went back to the Buckhorn, had a drink, and went home. Not worth the aggravation.

On a more positive note...........we ARE supposed to get 4 to 7 by this time tomorrow (Thurs).

Typical..............now the 4 to 7 is downgraded to 2 to 4.........AND it's still 35F outside #$%&*

Yo! Gilbey! Long time, no speaks LaLaLa

Guess what? We is yoopers now. Just went to the Sec of State's office yesterday and switched everything over from OH. So when we're registering to vote, Mrs. Buddah says to the girl "Who's our governor anyway?" Before the lady can answer I pipe up "Jennifer Granholm.............when it comes time, find her on the ballot and vote for the other guy" :moon:

Thought that lady was going to have a coniption trying not to laugh out-loud.
LaLaLa

Ok this will be my first TY ride. We have wanted to go before but never could arrange the schedules.

Q1 what do we need to bring for the group stuff…. Do we need to bring anything or how does it work.

Q2 what is the schedule, is there multiple rides? Will there be a ride each day (thru, Fri., & sat)? How do you sign up for each ride if there are multipul rides?

Forgive my ignorance on this just want to know what I need to do to be prepared for this trip.

I am so looking forward to this ride the days can not go by fast enough. I am looking forward to meeting everyone.
:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

i cant wait also.no worries on snow for me.only thing that scares me up there are SNOW COWS !! :D

where you staying rex? you dont really need anything special just the urge to have fun.we leave from alger falls around 9 a.m and split off in groups .just many many people and riding styles to jive together.i think theres plans to meet for lunch and then we party at night at the motel rec. roon.ohhhhh but if its your 1st time you have to kiss the buddah ;)! :D

buddah whats up, i'll have to catch up with you and your counterpart again this year. be at the cabin in shinglton quite a bit this year :Rockon:

Hey wait just one second.......no one said ANYTHING about a buddah! Jay

Rex, don't sweat it! You're in great company!

The most important thing is to hook up with someone who is going to do the kind of riding you like to do. Off trail, trails only, back country, or all 3! Be sure to get to the party room at the Alger falls on thursday night, and track me down. I'll introduce ya around, and you can figure out who's going where.

I like to do trails on friday, play on saturday (off trail/back country) and half a day's trails on sunday. We never pass up a play area though, and mash down any powder we may come across. Wahoo!

OK, we won't be up there till about 11am or so on Friday. I 'm sure most everyone will be gone riding somewhere, so we will prob have to hook up with you guys Sat morn. Is there anyone coming up early Friday?

Well, I'm a bit of a procrastinator, so I'm going to try and work out the details to make it - LOL Looking to lodge at the Superior Inn.

We're supposed to have snow the rest of this week and all next week so hang in there. The western UP always gets 2 - 3x what the Sault does, so I'm not too worried.

If the snow's bad, I'm sure the company will more than make up for it. :Rockon:

Oh yeah, I'm planning on leaving the Sault around 4:00PM Thursday, and heading back Sat. sometime.

Back