• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Nytro present and past owners

BarneyMN

Veteran
I found a 2006 Nytro for a good deal and was looking for feedback from previous owners..likes, dislikes, etc.. I plan on extending it to atleast a 136 but want to go to 144. I have had a RX-1 MTN and a RTX but want to build a Boondocker and I'm thinking the Nytro would work really well. Suggestions on Skids or extension kits would be appreciated from people that "been there done that". thanks for any light you can shed! ITS TIME TO BUILD MY WINTER RIDE :Rockon:

I had my vector set up just like a nytro.
I stretched it to a 136".Wisconsin and michigan I ran a 1.25" predator track and out in the mountains I would throw my 2" lug on.
I had more fun with that sled then my apex mtn even out west when there would be 5ft fresh powder.I would out climb some 162" sleds.

Here's a list of things done to mine ... you will see many of the parts are offered by us (Muffin Works)

'06 Nytro
stretched to 136" w/ 1.5" Ripsaw
Ski-Doo intro/extro drivers
Tracks USA rail extensions
Muffin Works tunnel extension
Hygear rear suspension link removal kit
Muffin Works tunnel supports
Muffin Works 6" billet bar risers
Ullmer Racing Stage 3 clutch kit
SLP Powder Pro skis
Stud Boy shaper bars
Muffin Works Fox Float air reservoir kit
Muffin Works a-arm protectors

Sled goes like a raped-ape, and is an absolute blast to ride!

Ive got a 06 nytro and did alot of boondocking/ powderriding this past winter while it was stock. It was pretty bad in terms of trenching and getting sucked down but this summer im getting a 1.75 track and extros to help out the beast in the pow. Also you should really get extros becasue my track would rachet badly. I would stretch it out like many did but im keeping it a 121 just for jumps and ditchbanging and keeping it as light as possible. This sled overall tho is AWSOME and its super reliable and hasnt let me down once which doesnt happen often with me driving. Anyways i dont really have much to comment on how those things would help but I will recommend extros, new skis to replace the tooth picks, and a bigger track lenght and profile if you really want to get in the deep without getting stuck and trust me you dont want to get this thing stuck by yourself :o|

Its a fun sled for sure, you need to get the black/yellow with flame graphics its such a head turner. It really is a ditch bangen sled, it can pop wheelies like its, its job! The only thing I would personally change on the entire sled is the skis. Maybe some C&A skis? Anywho the only reason I wanted to sell is I just wanted the Apex engine and ride. Great sled that 120hp does haullll.

06 Nytro

BarneyMN, Congrates on your sled purchase. Had mine now for one season and love it. Put just shy of 3000 miles on her last year and had no problems.

I boondock and trail ride here in Micihgan. The only things I would definately recommend to change are the swaybar, get a stiffer bar. I went with a 12mm PP. I also added a set of small wheels to save on hyfax.

Yeah the track will ratchet if you run it to loose. You have to play the game on the track tension. Extrovert drivers would be nice, and I have thought about adding them, but you really don't need them. Just keep an eye on track tension.

Fun sled and a blast in powder or trails. Not sure if the other guys will disagree with me on this one or not, but probably not the greatest jumping sled out there. Yeah you can jump it, and I do, but it does not always fly straight and true.

What is the sway bar? I already got a list going on mods. This is what I'm thinking....136 ZX2 skid, 1.5 free ride track, muffin works tunnel ext., powder pros and of course, a yellow skid plate! Maybe a handle bar ext. but when I sit on it, it feels pretty good. I wont know till I ride it. I go to the UP alot and also To the Snowies in WY, I want a sled that will get through the lite powder and still be able to run trails and climb...all around sled that I can throw around! I had a RX mountain that was fun but what a tank! The RTX was fun on the trail too but get off and sink! I cant wait for Snow. I'm also thinking that with all the cash this will cost to just leave it alone and buy an older 2 stroke for my west trips....

Swaybar

The stock sway bar is 11mm. If you plan on running much in the trails and corner with any speed at all you will see why you need to stiffin the swaybar. The stock sway bar will allow a ski to climb coming out of the corners or carry through the corners. If you change to a stiffer bar you will see you can carry more speed through the corners and keep the sled flatter for better tracking.. Inquire and you will see most guys have changed the bars. I went from the 11 to a 12 and it made a big difference. The 13 makes an even better handling sled. With the good some say comes the bad. Yes with a heavier bar some say the from feels heavier. Um I don't think you could tell the difference with the thicker bars...... Anyway, that is my opinon. Post some pics of your changes.

I love mine but I would change a few things- change the skis- huge difference. Then sway bay- once you change those 2 things its a different sled.

Back