• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2006 Yamaha Apex Supercharger Build Update

Mrsled,
I have a couple questions for you (little background, I have a 2006 apex with stage 2 MPI charger, never really had it set up and all bugs knocked out of it as it stuck the rings (after about 80miles), and has been apart since, i am now putting it back together as I am tired of looking at it in the corner of the garage and would like to play around with it on the lakes.)
I have the walbro in tank pump and want to install it like you did but the build and the build pics on here from you I can not blow them up (the open as a thumb nail only) can you send me them via email?)
2nd, do i have to do anything with the fuel regulator?
3rd, i am getting rid of the gem box. and putting in a PCV with PTI (and autotune mod) do you have any of your maps still so i have a starting point, I am at 1800' so I think your mapping should be close, correct?.

Joe ( my email jmiciott@nycap.rr.com)

Mrsled,
I have a couple questions for you (little background, I have a 2006 apex with stage 2 MPI charger, never really had it set up and all bugs knocked out of it as it stuck the rings (after about 80miles), and has been apart since, i am now putting it back together as I am tired of looking at it in the corner of the garage and would like to play around with it on the lakes.)
I have the walbro in tank pump and want to install it like you did but the build and the build pics on here from you I can not blow them up (the open as a thumb nail only) can you send me them via email?)
2nd, do i have to do anything with the fuel regulator?
3rd, i am getting rid of the gem box. and putting in a PCV with PTI (and autotune mod) do you have any of your maps still so i have a starting point, I am at 1800' so I think your mapping should be close, correct?.

Joe ( my email jmiciott@nycap.rr.com)

1st off, are you on a PC looking at the picture or phone? You can right click and open them in a new window, then right clock and save to PC. The images are reduced in size for uploading. I never change my tank pump, so I am not sure what you mean there.
2nd I have not changed anything with the fuel regulator.
3rd, But you would need to have a pressure table in order to use my maps., I would suggest contacting Ulmer, I think you need a different set up as I do not have a PTI PCV, I have an old version with a map pressure sensor. Its really different then PTI.

In order to get these Chargers to run right without gems, I had to get a box to add to the throttle pressure sensor from Hurricane or it would constantly stumble and fall on its face or you could unplug it and but then it would always see a code in the gauge pod.

1st off, are you on a PC looking at the picture or phone? You can right click and open them in a new window, then right clock and save to PC. The images are reduced in size for uploading. I never change my tank pump, so I am not sure what you mean there.
2nd I have not changed anything with the fuel regulator.
3rd, But you would need to have a pressure table in order to use my maps., I would suggest contacting Ulmer, I think you need a different set up as I do not have a PTI PCV, I have an old version with a map pressure sensor. Its really different then PTI.

In order to get these Chargers to run right without gems, I had to get a box to add to the throttle pressure sensor from Hurricane or it would constantly stumble and fall on its face or you could unplug it and but then it would always see a code in the gauge pod.

I tied the save to PC it stays the same size then when you zoom in it just becoms a blur.
didnt you change the stock fuel pump to the walbro 255lph pump? thought thats what the pics are off.

I tied the save to PC it stays the same size then when you zoom in it just becoms a blur.
didnt you change the stock fuel pump to the walbro 255lph pump? thought thats what the pics are off.

I did not change the fuel pump on my super charger. I changed the fuel pump on a Viper Build that we did. As far as the images, these are from years ago not even sure if I have them any bigger then what in the forums nor do I have the time to find them all. If you are in need of one or two images I can look for them when I have some time.

I did not change the fuel pump on my super charger. I changed the fuel pump on a Viper Build that we did. As far as the images, these are from years ago not even sure if I have them any bigger then what in the forums nor do I have the time to find them all. If you are in need of one or two images I can look for them when I have some time.
that's ok (I think i can fig it out and get it installed)
couple of other things (i will call Dave about that box for the pressure sensor (what is is called if you remember?) in the meantime if i have the sensor unplugged and get a code on the gauge will it affect anything else (besides the warning code)?
2. what HP where you able to achieve on SC APex and at what boost?

that's ok (I think i can fig it out and get it installed)
couple of other things (i will call Dave about that box for the pressure sensor (what is is called if you remember?) in the meantime if i have the sensor unplugged and get a code on the gauge will it affect anything else (besides the warning code)?
2. what HP where you able to achieve on SC APex and at what boost?

I would try unplugging it first and see if you can get the machine to run right to be sure that you need that box. As far as what the box is called, I am not sure, I just explained the problem to Dave and he new what I needed. Unplugging it will not hurt anything, just see the code. I was running about 12lbs of boost with a head shim and its dynoed at about @215 HP with a track Dyno at Ulmers. I still have it and its been a real pain getting it to run right when I went from the Gems to the PCV set up. I was trying to get the machine to get better MPG then 5, now it gets closer to 10 MPG.

one last thing (hopefully for now) and i do appreciate your time very much.
where you (are you) running pump gas at 12lbs or race fuel (what octane type)

one last thing (hopefully for now) and i do appreciate your time very much.
where you (are you) running pump gas at 12lbs or race fuel (what octane type)

With a head shim I can run 87 if I want bit choose to stick with premium 91 in all my sleds.

Back