• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2008 Grizzly exhaust pipe Tip ?

True Blue

Lifetime Member
Most Eastern Point In North America "Newfoundlan
I've been seeing on ebay these exhaust tip that looks like
it opens the pipe up to breath better are they of any benefit
for power and performance or just the sound ? Its a EFI Model
of course any issues ?

Thanks TB

Attachments

• Grizzly tip.jpg
    Grizzly tip.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 272

I put one on two days ago, it's not a big difference in power. It is louder, but all my friends say they don't notice it as being too loud. Many just a deeper tone. It's hard to tell you how much power it added since I probely didn't give the computer enough time to adjust. I put a clutch kit in it two hours after the tip.

The only thing I noticed was when I was doing low speed ridding (rock crawling) letting off the gas fast the motor would stall. But my Dynatech power module will be in soon, so I want to try it with that installed.

The good thing about the tip is that I just shoved the old one under the seat and have all the tools to change it on the trail if I wanted, wether soneone thinks it too loud, or etc.

It has a nice deep sound, and sounds real good when the engine brake is on. Like I said no one thinks it's "loud", but I can tell ridding it. Still up in the air about it.

I have heard that they add about 1 HP, but I don't know if that is a "Seat of the Pants" guess or not. Deeper, throatier sound is what I've heard reported. Looks good, worth the money? Your call.

The only way to make that tip work for more power is drill holes thru the inner baffle... it works on a 660.

My whole baffle slid right out of the 700. In the instructions it said that if I wanted to use the baffle still I would have to remove 3 spot welds that hold the baffle to the stock tip. But my tip/ baffle was one piece fully welded. So I just tossed the baffle under the seat incase someone said it was too loud.

I dont have any pics on the 700, sorry but if you shine a light in you will see... you can try Yamaloyals idea!!

Back