• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro Front End+ Rebuild

Finished up the new harness that includes three new inline fuses (Mirror LEDs, Engine LEDs, Dash USB / GPS Power on bars). Made it a split harness so it would not interfere with air flow through the portal right there in the hood to get air over the radiator. Came out looking clean, mirror lights are bright, engine will glow blue through opening in hood. All lights tied to toggles on dash so I can turn on and off.

2.jpg 4.jpg 1.jpg 3.jpg

Just back for the Maine North Woods and Allagash... Amazing three days. Based out of Dean's Motor Lodge in Portage Maine on ITS85 / ITS90. Super convenient, reasonable, great breakfast, lunch, dinner, lounge, no-ethanol fuel across street. Hit the trails SA night when arrived and cranked out 35 fast smooth freshly groomed trail miles. SU went deep into the unmarked Allagash waterway woods, need a good map and GPS tracks as snow is deep (6'+) and you have what you bring in (gas, shovels, parts). No cell service so you are self sufficient. Crossed an open stream, broke several small trails in ALOT of snow, stuck a few times doing it with a few new Ski Doos (Explorer 18" track and an XRS, $50,000 worth of new Doos!), impressed with their capabilities but getting back on the Nytro and our velvet smooth triple and I was happy to be back on my Nytro... We broke several trails, Nytro held her own in deep snow breaking trail, a balance for sure as so deep you had to be careful as you power floated up the trail not to go off camber into the ditch on either side! Made a cut from Togue Lake to a woods road to complete a loop, 100' connection saved 30 miles of getting from here to there. Funny how hard it was getting 4 sled's from the lake up 60' over 200' in 6' of bottomless powder. Had to hand drag one of the Doos 2' at a time while gunning it just to break some semblance of a "trail"... Took a bit of time, but the Nytro made it up without getting stuck. Today did 140 miles from Portage up to Madawoska and Eagle Lake, 135 miles of great fast trails (5miles of bumpy railroad bed in need of grooming). Will post some pics tomorrow. Saw two Nytros out, one w orange vent covers on hood and another with a yellow and white decal on hood nose... Maybe people here... Both sounded great as they went by!

End of season thoughts, super happy with the Seat Concepts seat upgrade. Great riding position compared to stock, night and day comfort. High quality cover material, looks new. I did put it on pretty tight and wonder if I bowed the plastic seat pan up a little on back end but only way to get the wrinkles out. Highly recommend this to all... Be safe.

Winter is coming! NICE.

So 2020 Nytro projects:

1. REAR GAS BAG: Mount the Yamaha rear bags / 1.5 gal gas tanks I found in Canada. They look sweet, mount on an alum frame that goes inside the outer bag. Figure mount one on left rear to start as shovel is on right rear.
2. GPS: Want to mount up where I can see it while riding. Thinking between the bars, last year I ran an extra power lead tied back to a new LED dash switch and its own fuse.

Any feedback on what GPS bar mounts work on our Nytro's and which unit is the latest and greatest? I believe Garmin came out with a larger daylight readable screen with the SOS satellite capability, thinking of going in that direction.

We base out of Shin Pond an usually ride north or east. Maybe one day we'll see each other on the northern Maine trail. Of all the Nytro's I've seen most all of em have been stock so it will be refreshing to see a modded one.

We base out of Shin Pond an usually ride north or east. Maybe one day we'll see each other on the northern Maine trail. Of all the Nytro's I've seen most all of em have been stock so it will be refreshing to see a modded one.
We should sync up schedules, would be fun to meet up there or at York exit on I95 if you have an open trailer spot. I am game any time there is good snow! Great trail options from Shin Pond.

We should sync up schedules, would be fun to meet up there or at York exit on I95 if you have an open trailer spot. I am game any time there is good snow! Great trail options from Shin Pond.

That would be fun. We'd have to meet up there because I bring the trailer up there the first weekend and leave it for the winter. They take the loader and dig a spot out in the field for a bunch of us repeat customers. It's a great deal for us except in the spring when the trailers are usually frozen in place from all the freeze/thaw cycles. That last weekend of the season I bring up a sledge hammer, some ice picks, and some steel shovels and forfeit Sundays ride to dig the trailer out.

Is shin pond taking reservations or is covid going to mess things up? Still looking for best gps mount for between bars for this years Nytro upgrade!

End of season thoughts, super happy with the Seat Concepts seat upgrade. Great riding position compared to stock, night and day comfort. High quality cover material, looks new. I did put it on pretty tight and wonder if I bowed the plastic seat pan up a little on back end but only way to get the wrinkles out. Highly recommend this to all... Be safe.

I just installed the Seat Concepts seat upgrade. Thank you for posting all the information and photos. I agree 100% on comfort and seating position. We just need more snow now.

I just installed the Seat Concepts seat upgrade. Thank you for posting all the information and photos. I agree 100% on comfort and seating position. We just need more snow now.
Have you gotten any seat time yet? I love the knees more below you seating position, with a riser or steering relocate works great! Enjoy.

Have you gotten any seat time yet? I love the knees more below you seating position, with a riser or steering relocate works great! Enjoy.
I’ve only been on a few short rides. It is way more comfortable with the hips above the knees. I’m heading out tomorrow for a good ride.

Heading to the Forks (ME) this weekend, sitting on mine last night, love the higher seating position. Amazing 2" feels so different. I do need to get a throttle extension, hard right turn and throttle does the yellow triangle for a few seconds... Hate that light!!!

Back