• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 Nytro Front End+ Rebuild

Looks great man...good job
Thanks mp5, love Yamaha triples... cant help myself from doing these incremental updates to my Nytro like many here. Funny, I get on another brand new sled and never regret getting back on my Nytro. Maybe she is a little front end top heavy (but I like them like that!)… interested to see how the higher seat works, should put knees under my hips more for a stronger more comfortable position for corners, transitions, etc. Trimmed seat today, plan to install it and black tank panel Friday, then put on the Sentinel LED mirror inserts and ground effects LEDs, lube everything, change chain case gear oil and ready to lock and load. Changed engine oil 500 miles ago so not doing that again. Sanford Maine got 18" a few days ago so hopefully will be riding in January up north when back from Las Vegas end of next week.

30.jpg 31.jpg

Last edited:
Hooray, where are u in Maine?
I live in Southern Maine (York) by the coast so zero riding here unless exceptional conditions (ie. a Nor'easter). Most of my riding is up north in the county or Alligash and the occasional ride out of Sanford on my XTC700 (or rarely on the Nytro if we have snow there) where I keep my trailer. Would love to connect with a Nytro crew up north, I don't know anyone with a camp up there but would be a blast, how far into Canada are you?

Sweet, nice work! G.B.
Thanks, a lot of winging it on most of my projects other than what I have gathered here (fantastic info)… I have tried to leave a bread crumb trail in this thread with lots of pictures and products that have worked to simplify things for the next guy... are you guys riding yet in MI?

I live in Southern Maine (York) by the coast so zero riding here unless exceptional conditions (ie. a Nor'easter). Most of my riding is up north in the county or Alligash and the occasional ride out of Sanford on my XTC700 (or rarely on the Nytro if we have snow there) where I keep my trailer. Would love to connect with a Nytro crew up north, I don't know anyone with a camp up there but would be a blast, how far into Canada are you?

I usually stop to see friends in Sanford when I make the trip north, have never rode that area though. Just ordered 2 of these seats as my wife and son both like the way my wrp rides vs stock. Hopefully I am not disappointed in them . Yours turned out well. Great job!

I usually stop to see friends in Sanford when I make the trip north, have never rode that area though. Just ordered 2 of these seats as my wife and son both like the way my wrp rides vs stock. Hopefully I am not disappointed in them . Yours turned out well. Great job!
Nice, where do you go up North? Riding in Sanford is mostly tight trails in the woods and rocky power lines, need lots of snow or you ding up skis and tracks, but fun and local when we get a 12"+ of snow a few times a year. It is worth it to trailer up to the Belgrades Lakes region or further north. I am pleased with the Seat Concepts final results. You can confirm if quality is on par with WRP but seemed likes the cover is well made, good materials and the foam is firm and feels solid. The sander is required IMO and if you did the WRP you know the pull tight drill... Trimmed black gas tank plastic cover tonight for my trail tank, plan to sand those cut edges smooth, polish the tunnel and install the seat tomorrow night.

I usually go to Rangeley in Jan. ,Greenville in Feb., and Presque isle in early March. I also have been known to mix many trips to Ontario/Quebec with a cousin who lives up there and Grand mesa, Co where my bro lives and Idaho /western Mt where I have friends lol. I'm blessed to have a somewhat seasonal job and a understanding wife. You will love that trail tank as much as the seat.

About 2 hrs Southeast of Houlton. I go to a friend's place every yr there. He also has a camp in Linneus...only 10 min braaap to Grammy's lol.

Also, every Jan, about 15 to 20 of us go to Gaspe foe the Free Wkend. This yr we are doing the entire loop in 3 days.....lol. About 1000 kms from New Richmond to Chic Chocs...then to Gaspe...then back to NR..

Short notice...but ur welcome to join.

About 2 hrs Southeast of Houlton. I go to a friend's place every yr there. He also has a camp in Linneus...only 10 min braaap to Grammy's lol.

Also, every Jan, about 15 to 20 of us go to Gaspe foe the Free Wkend. This yr we are doing the entire loop in 3 days.....lol. About 1000 kms from New Richmond to Chic Chocs...then to Gaspe...then back to NR..

Short notice...but ur welcome to join.
That sounds like a blast... 3 days sounds like a long weekend to me! When and where do you meet to depart? I am in York if anyone is going up I95 with an extra spot for a Nytro in a trailer too or I can drive too. Jan plan for work, I am in Vegas next week, back FR, UK 29JAN and then in GA 04FEB, if you are mid-JAN weekend, could be good to go! PM me and we can sort out details, mounted seat and tank cover tonight, will post pics next.

Ps. I will have to check out where Linneus is located, hoping Grammy's is a bar!

Installed Seat Concepts / WRP seat, first impression sitting on it was like a new 2020 sled... athletic motorcycle like position. Started tonight by carefully trimming the black gas tank cover, used a jig saw with a new metal blade after putting blue tape exactly on the edge of the tab to protect the edge I was trying to save, like cutting butter. Pics show I was able to sand just the tab off and not even mar the gloss plastic edge of the sanding surface taped up, for once worked as planned. Happy with result, trail tanks are notorious for not aligning well with stock plastics but I will take the 10 gallons of gas and deal with some wider than liked joins! Finally, have the murdered out all black Nytro look (black powder coated a-arms, bumpers, new 2013 black painted spindles, black 2013 hood, tank plate, black SC seat, black Yamaha shock covers, black Sentinel handguards), blue flame on stock mid-windshield never really stuck out until it was the only blue. Still have all my blue too in case I want to switch for a season! Tomorrow I put on the Sentinel LED inserts and the blue LEDs. Decided to not do ground effects and instead put the LED decal strip on the headlight frame inside hood, figure all the air openings will glow blue when I want... will have an on/off toggle on dash opposite on/off toggle for mirror LEDs just below Yamaheater switch which I am planning to upgrade to a thicker diameter toggle. I have some rugged rubber boots for toggles but they are larger than the stock Yamaheater switch that is on sled (hope it is not a specific switch). One of the pics you can see my next fun project, a $150 motorized chopper bike, brand new, never assembled, I think I can gear it to do 45 : )

15.jpg 16.jpg 13.jpg 9.jpg 8.jpg 10.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Last edited:
A big shout out to PowerMadd, I bought wind deflector LEDs and went to put them on and I ordered "star" not "sentinel" LEDs. No issues, they are new in package, RMA no problem. Great customer service and super high quality products. I have 5 or 6 on my Nytro, all excellent.

So yes, we don't have jack for snow in southern Maine and it is raining now 1"+ all the way up to mid-Maine (4 hours north)… NOT happy about that... but had some time to slow motion work on the Nytro today. A shout out to PowerMadd who totally supported my mis-ordering the wrong LED insert for my PowerMadd Sentinel handguards (that I love). They issued an RMA even though I bought them last AUG/SEP (to be ahead of the game), so good to have companies like them and other that support this habit!

Anyways, as posted, installed the Seat Concepts (old WRP) seat which I love the seating position now, did 1/2 of the instant gratification aluminum polish of the tunnel (same polish I posted way back also works wonders on your crappy oil tank), drained chain case and replaced with Yami chain oil (I tried Royal Purple full syn and she was not as happy as with Yami product... "anti-noise" additives maybe?), drained and refilled oil tank (hence the polish as it looked pretty oily, looks new now), I changed the engine oil and filter last year mid-season and it is a PITA to drop the skids plates and I figure <1000 miles, if the oil looks clean changing out 25% with fresh oil works (being lazy I know, but Yami says @4000 miles!).

So more 2020 projects, the LED installs. Like all here, Yamaha does not give us a proper accessory fuse panel and everything is so tight under the hood and side plastics we have limited room for wires let alone a proper power distribution panel. As I documented when I cleaned up the crazy wiring under there when I took ownership and added the Rocz HIDs (best ever... still), I have three ATM fuse holders in the new wiring loom I put on down near the battery. The 2020 project adds three more, PowerMadd LED mirror inserts, blue LED low-RIDE-r lights under the hood engine glow lights (lol), and a USB/GPS dash power receptacle pending a Garmin Montanan (or latest widest screen) GPS so I can see the close up Gazetteer maps of the paper company roads, etc when I am up in the northern woods exploring (… alone). Take aways on the current LED project, wiring... I tried not to prevent future issues if the head light frame had to be removed for engine access and kept the main electrical wiring loom added to the battery side. Plan to put the three ATM fuse holders along the plastic radiator shield tie wrapped down leading to three toggle switches on dash all from a battery side harness / loom. Bought a blue LED accent kit online for low $, realy high quality 3M adhesive, I went up the plastic dash supports both side of the headlight, cut the strip in blocks of 3 LEDs to a perfect fit. Drilled a hole so the wire goes into the loom behind it next to the HID hardness and ballasts (I have all these little black boxes under there, HIDs, Yamaheaters, PowerMadd mirror LEDs plus the huge Yami wiring plugs). Still working on the loom (see pic) but blue LEDs are really cool... discrete when the plastics are on, all the openings glow blue (bottom of the windshield blue flame :) and I have them live wired to a rubber toggle on the dash (vs. the included wireless remote).

Plan to get the fuse holders installed and fabricate the three toggles and wire harnesses tomorrow, wrap up WE and pray for snow! In GA week of 04FEB so that guarantees snow as my wife will have to man the snowblower! Always goes over well...

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

More pics of all the FUN...

8.jpg 9.jpg 10.jpg 11.jpg 12.jpg

Back