• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 SE Cross Country Race Nytro Rebuild

Thanks guys. And for the pics seth. That front end would look good on this thing. Hopefully make some progress this weekend.

I think you have the small bracket at the bottom that the shox mount to on wrong or in the wrong position might be a better way to put it. It needs to be rotated forward so that the front shock mounts down low and the rear one mounts high. I made the same mistake putting mine back together.

Sled looks fantastic. Love it. :Rockon:

revster said:
I think you have the small bracket at the bottom that the shox mount to on wrong or in the wrong position might be a better way to put it. It needs to be rotated forward so that the front shock mounts down low and the rear one mounts high. I made the same mistake putting mine back together.

Sled looks fantastic. Love it. :Rockon:

You are correct nice catch!

A bit more progress.

This should help with the shock wear.

New slides hope they last.

Skid ready to go in. I placed one limiter strap in the middle so hopefully it wont rub on the track drive nubs and wear out.

Hey Seth- I now see why the skid did not have the front set of wheels. They do not fit with the bigger Exit shock and the reservoir is right where a wheel normally is. What did this do to your slider wear? Thinking of placing two on the outside of the rails instead. Or maybe they won't even be needed with the new sliders. But being that it will have a 1.75" track and it will see plenty of hard packed trail riding it makes me nervous. Thoughts anyone?

Hey Lee is your rear shock upside down? On my SE the rear shock mounts reservoir down. Of course your shox are different so that might not be the case, just double checking.

Well i'm sure it can be ran either way. This is the way it was when i got it. I think if i flip it the spring will be in the way of the cross shaft for the wheels. Its very close already.

LEE337 said:
Well i'm sure it can be ran either way. This is the way it was when i got it. I think if i flip it the spring will be in the way of the cross shaft for the wheels. Its very close already.

Center shock is what he said ressi is upside down :) I had no issues without the wheel. I changed the hyfax alot anyways. The new ones we tested last year we didn't run any wheels and they NEVER wore out!!!

LEE337 said:

Cool, just noticed it was upside down from stock and thought I's mention it just in case.

207nytro said:
Have you thought about ice scratchers to help cool for hardpack riding. Will also help the sliders.

I have, but i know how much it sucks to ride behind someone with them down, so im trying to avoid that since i typically lead in our group.

:o|
revster said:
LEE337 said:

Cool, just noticed it was upside down from stock and thought I's mention it just in case.

Just reread what you guys wrote and i responded thinking you meant the front shock. The rear shock yes is upside down. I'll fix that too :o|

As for progress i made bushings for the front arm since two of the plastic ones where broken. I'll be damned if i pay yamaha $11 for one plastic bushing.

Back