• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 SE Cross Country Race Nytro Rebuild

Thanks Sean!

Made alot of progrees this week after work just not alot of pics at this time. Got the front end all powder coated. The a-arms black and spindles white.

Made our own ball joint repair kit.

Addded a grease zerk to in the arm to shoot grease between the two halves in to the ball. It is not tight because i think i might go to a 45 degree zerk.

Then made all new front arm bushings. Grease zerks will be added to these as well. The front should never wear out on this again! If any of you followed my phazer build you know i like to add the zerks.

Front end will be back together this weekend!

Getting closer to being ready. Just have to make the seat bracket and paint the plastics.

Notice the zerk to get some lube into the ski mount. I did this by drilling up through the bottom, tapping with 1/4-28 tap and TIG welding the bottom hole back shut.

Thanks guys!

finally got to take it for a quick little rip in the grass. My buddy filmed it on his smarty phone figured i'd share. What a difference from the Phaz.

Thanks man!
I'm a manufacturing engineer for a contract engineering and manufacturing company. The greatest part of my job is that I have access to the equipment, CNC ,fab, paint. Great for me and the company to help develop and maintain skills in each department.

Tonight the sled is complete for the season. Mountain tech skid plate and oft roll over valve installed. I will post some more pics tomorrow. I love working on sleds just as much as riding them, but I've reached the the point where I'm sick of looking at it ready to go beat on it. Ready to test all this great stuff.

Here we go final pics for this year. Out of time to get the plastics done, just going to deal with it for this year. Maybe try to find some better used ones for cheap before next season to paint. I put the big windshield on in hopes that within the next month it will be -12 and snowfilled up north. (West of Two Harbors to ride the north shore or the UP)

Looks great Lee. Is that a Phazer tail light under the seat? I like it ... frees up a lot of space on top of the tunnel.

I especially like the way you painted the trail tank. They (Trail Tank) should follow your lead on that one. ;)!

Back