• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 SE Cross Country Race Nytro Rebuild

Ha I was thinking the same thing!

Ok need some advice. Putting reverse chain case on that Seth included. The setup in the no reverse case was 22/37. The bottom gear on the reverse is 39. I didn't look but I believe that means I have a 68 link chain. So what should I run it at now with the bigger track? The 22/39 that I have and buy the longer chain? Or go to a 21 top and run the 68 chain. Or?

LEE337 said:
Ha I was thinking the same thing!

Ok need some advice. Putting reverse chain case on that Seth included. The setup in the no reverse case was 22/37. The bottom gear on the reverse is 39. I didn't look but I believe that means I have a 68 link chain. So what should I run it at now with the bigger track? The 22/39 that I have and buy the longer chain? Or go to a 21 top and run the 68 chain. Or?

I believe 21/39 is stock. I am running 19/39 with a set-up like yours (136"x1.75") and it's perfect.

I don't think 22/39 would be the right choice with the track you are running.

Thanks revster. Decided to just get a stock top now and try a 19 later this winter.

Got the skid in this weekend

Then I decided i did not like the look of the clear tank. So i tapped off a stripe on each side so i could still see the level and painted it black.

Need to mount the tail light, finish the seat mount and finish the seat cover. Then i can move on the front end.

Really nice job on the sled Lee (I like the Phazer you did too) but come on Seth, spill the beans ... Yamaha is coming to the table with something new for 2014 aren't they ... Why else would you be willing to part with an $8K subframe at the end of the season?!

OVR4D said:
Really nice job on the sled Lee (I like the Phazer you did too) but come on Seth, spill the beans ... Yamaha is coming to the table with something new for 2014 aren't they ... Why else would you be willing to part with an $8K subframe at the end of the season?!

I truly have no Idea of their plans. I usually put my race sleds up for sale every two years. I have kept my phazer though as that sled is to fun as its set-up now.

Yam 177 said:
I truly have no Idea of their plans.

Just messin' with ya, Seth. I'll say this much, the corporate figure heads at YMC have done a good job of preventing leaks (loose lips).

Good luck this season ... if we ever get some snow!

Lee BTW I found a 170 pound center shock spring I think the shock you have has a 190 in it and may be a bit stiff.......... I also did find a reverse driveshaft

Thanks for the comment guys!

Seth, I compared driveshafts to a stock one and i did not see any difference. And everything assembled like normal. I guess i am missing what you modified there.

I am interested in that center spring. I have no way of knowing if this is too much however until we get some dang snow!

SHe is starting to look pretty dang good lee, shoot me a pm with your address as i have a few rtx skid parts left ill send you like the top plastic track guides

Back