• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2009 SE Cross Country Race Nytro Rebuild

You really did your homework with that tunnel and skid setup. If the front end geometry works as well as the rear should, that sled will be great in the powder. Not enough snow to ride around here ... you planning a trip out west?

Was just looking at johndee.com ... if the forecast is right, you might get some decent snow going into the weekend.

Get any miles on it yet?

Yep rode three days on it last weekend. I have to remove my roll over valve just before the trip as it was cutting power to the sled at higher RPMs. I'm not sure as to what is happening with that.

Otherwise the only other issue I had was regulating the amount of boost. I just ordered a new wastegate to try.

Learned a few things:
-Boost is AWESOME
-The steering effort reduction in the new mountaintech aarms is like adding powersteering and so much easier for carving. = Total handling transformation
-Cat skid gets on the snow sooooo much easier.
-Riding a mountain sled on the trail is no big deal and is not really all that different from a trail sled - in my opinion, but maybe that's because it is still a stable 4 stroke.
-I love this thing.

Thanks guys.

Here is the only pic I took all weekend. Our group is the definition of we don't care what brand you ride, just as long as you are there to have fun.

.....Well except for the skidouchebag... They are the same in any group....

photo 53.JPG

What happened in the one with the rope between the spindle and ski? looks like a broken lower heim joint maybe?

I did not judge a tree's location correctly when I turned out on a hill climb. Whoopsie. At least it was the last day and not too far in.

Back