• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 AK sled projects

The fit on the first steering post I made wasn't very good so I scrapped it and begin making a new one yesterday. I took my time building this one and just finished tacking it all in place tonight. My current bar setup is too tall and a little too far forward so I just made a straight post. Once I get my steel TIG skills up to par I'll finish welding it and throw some paint on it.

IMG_1472.jpg

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1480.jpg

RTX post with 3" riser - 4 lbs/7oz
4130 post with 7/8-1 1/8 adapter - 3 lbs/1 oz

Another 1 lb/4 oz lost, plus the lower and slightly further back bar position feels a lot more comfortable.

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

As soon as I find a jump I'll post some pics. Rode again this weekend in 3-4 ft. of heavy wet snow and I'm loving this thing, totally exceeded my expectations. The only issue I have is a horrible and constant lean pop. The K&N's have an obvious HP gain as the lean pop before the filter kit was nowhere near as bad as it is now. I should have a PC5 here by Friday and I'll report back after a weekend of testing.

Nikolai said:
As soon as I find a jump I'll post some pics. Rode again this weekend in 3-4 ft. of heavy wet snow and I'm loving this thing, totally exceeded my expectations. The only issue I have is a horrible and constant lean pop. The K&N's have an obvious HP gain as the lean pop before the filter kit was nowhere near as bad as it is now. I should have a PC5 here by Friday and I'll report back after a weekend of testing.

With Autotune 02? Really liked my PC5 without autotune, had one of ulmers maps...
Also make sure you have the latest firmware on it.

Couple pics from the weekend. Finally got my sled on the snow and its doing great, calebs was doing awesome and is VERY lite!

_MG_2886.jpg

_MG_2851.jpg

Caleb testing the barkbuster front end. The tree thats broke behind him is the one he hit.
_MG_2917.jpg

Back