• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2010 Vector ltx gt first ride.

Groomerdriver said:
Loosen the track until it ratchets on hard acceleration, then tighten from there. Yami tracks are WAY TOO TIGHT at the factory spec!!!!
I think it would be hard to get the 2010 to rachet because they now have extrovert drivers

studdog said:
No wear on slides. Track is loose. Runs great. Camoplast prestudded track great as well. Studdog

I didn't have any issues in the 85 miles I put on the other day.

I did have a rubber burning smell on the 2009 RS Vector. Anyone know what that could of been? It was coming from the back of the machine? I thought it could be something touching the muffler. No lights came on and it ran fine.

I just got back from a 180 mile ride with mine and all i can say is wow! Traded in a 2008 FX Nytro and couldn't be happier. Only mod is Pilot skis. Right out of the box was a good ride. Softened up the front shocks to get rid of ski lift and stiffened up the rear and rode all day in comfort. i did have an odor for the first thirty miles but that went away. Although it's basically the same motor i had, it seems smoother and more powerful in the mid RPM's. Averaged about 20 miles to the gallon. The hand warmers are hot. Had to turn them down in 15 degree weather. Not sure about slider wear. Going to pull it in the garage to thaw out tonight and grease so i'll check then. Can't wait till it's fully broken in and more snow! BTW, told the wife it was only a little better than the nytro. I have to keep her off of it. I don't want to ride her SXR anymore and I can't afford another one!

Did you pull your limiter strap up one hole? What settings did you do to the front shocks?

I agree I went from an 2008 Apex GT and the ride was a night and day difference in comfort. It still sounds the same and the throttle response was good. I also liked that the engine braking wasn't as aggressive. Gas milage alone should pay for the difference.

peterdb said:
oh man....you guys are killing me! i don't get my first ride (on new Vec) until Dec 30th! i can't wait!

You will like the color. The white, silver and black look great. It rides like a dream. I even like the wifes 2009 vector. That vector motor is impressive.

I also rode the 136" 2009 600 E-tec and that thing is light and nice to ride.

What is the max rpm of this engine? on my venture
at full throttle the max a saw was 8000-8100 rpm i dont know what is the peak hp of that engine i know that the nytro should stay at 8500-8600 rpm.
the camshaft is different but 500 rpm less is a big difference or it's not fully broke in yet. i only did 110miles last weekend.

Put 60 miles on my 2010 vector LTX GT with shaper bars and mid height windshield.
Local club had run the groomer over the camp roads.
About 1 foot of snow and the trail had set up hard with the cold.
It was difficult but kept it below 6000 RPM most of the time.
I went off the trail into un groomed snow frequently due to the hard surface.
Track was set to the loose side of spec.
The hyfax was down to 1/8 inch of the wear indicator behind and in front of the dual wheels.
I have ridden in conditions like this with other sleds and never experienced this kind of wear.
I like the F.I. engine, great response, but I will have to get used to the reduction in engine braking.
Watch your slide wear!

You guys got me all worried now. I will have to take mine into the dealer and have them check everything.

I have read that the '10 Vector was a huge improvement over the '09, glad to hear you guys like them!

I have one question though, you say it sounds just like the Apex, I am curious how a 3 cyl can sound like the 4 cyl?? Can someone post a short clip?

BTW I have an '08 Vector and an '09 Nytro, love them but nothing sounds like that 4 cyl of the Apex!!

Slide wear

I have 450 miles on my '10 Vector LTX and noticed some significant slide wear. The right slide is wearing faster than the left. Checked my track . alignment and it was too far to the right so maybe that was the problem. I agree that you should run the track looser than specs. Is anyone else noticing a rattle in the clutch at idle. It sounds just like my 05 Vector did before a bulletin fix. Other than those items the 2010 Vector LTX is a great sled!! :letsnow:

Yes my clutch rattles too. They said it is from the engine pulses of the 3 cyl. I guess the apexes do not rattle but have the exact same clutch.

radianguy said:
I have one question though, you say it sounds just like the Apex, I am curious how a 3 cyl can sound like the 4 cyl?? Can someone post a short clip?

BTW I have an '08 Vector and an '09 Nytro, love them but nothing sounds like that 4 cyl of the Apex!!

You got that RIGHT!!! ;)! :Rockon:

I have a 2010 Vector Ltx and get a track sprocket drone
between 30 to 40 mph. has anyone else noticed that.
What are you seeing for top speed. The best I got so far is a 100 mph at 8000 rpm

Back