• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 and up APEX exhaust question

mx3_ryder

Veteran
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2009 Apex GT
Wondering if anyone knows if the exhaust on the 11 up apex's have packing material inside of the body around perforated cores? I know the rx1's and earlier apex's had just baffles only which is why they had a more raspy tone then the newer apex's. Thinking of buying an exhaust from an 11 an modifying it to fit my 09 for a deeper stock tone.

I don't know about the packing, but the layout is completely different. It would be difficult to make work.

X2. I'd imagine a lot of work involved with trying to make an 11 exhaust fit in an 09:

09Apex.JPG
vs
11.JPG

Even if you were to cut off stem your muffler and weld it onto the stem of an 11+ muffler, you will still have the two exit pipes to contend with as they are not as wide apart as the older Apex's.

Wondering if anyone knows if the exhaust on the 11 up apex's have packing material inside of the body around perforated cores? I know the rx1's and earlier apex's had just baffles only which is why they had a more raspy tone then the newer apex's. Thinking of buying an exhaust from an 11 an modifying it to fit my 09 for a deeper stock tone.
There must be something wrong with you as most people want to make their machines louder.........;);)

Back