• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex SE $17,799.00 Cdn

RobWarrior said:
Wow what a bunch of whiners...lucky they added anything for new tech in this economy...RV and Boat Mfgs. are dropping like flies can't imagine they're killing it selling sleds? I think they added some pretty cool stuff heck in 03 all they came out with was the RX in standard or ER.

FIRST DAY EVERYONE HAS TO BLOW A GASKET THEN IT WILL SIMMER DOWN ;)!

Not a big deal to me...a bit heavier, a bit more HP maybe...a lot more expensive. I like it, but I'll just keep my '06 and put another 10000 miles on it. I already have 10000+ and I'll just add a Yamacharger for $2k.

In 2007 my Attak GT was that price. I got $500 yamabucks, cover, huge discount on all my riding gear, oil change and an undisclosed amount off the sticker price ;). This is a normal price for the apex. I wasn't suprised but like most of you, I would like a lower sticker price. :4STroke: [/u]

MrRX-1 said:
I don't know about you guys but holly crap 17,900.00 + taxes for a new sled. No thank you I will be keeping 07 Apex and adding a Yamacharger.

And I thought my 03 was expensive.....
For a couple grand more (includes a nice discount), I think I'll buy that Toyota Tacoma 4x4 instead....

Interesting to note that they are *finally* catching up to where I already put my 03 a few years ago. I *still* don't see anything much worth the "upgrade". My 03 is in perfect shape and is for all practical purposes, exactly the same sled. Yeah sure, its now marginally more powerful, has magic valves in the exhaust, fuel injection, and wow, power steering. Doesn't interest me in the least.

You really have to wonder what they are thinking with this pricing....
Drop the price down to $5000 and they'll sell 100 times as many units (easily). Economies of scale = lower cost per unit (i.e. R&D+tooling only done ONCE), and you cash in BIG. The material cost is negligible compared to the overall price tag -- just hire a few more unemployed sumo wrestlers at minimum wage to tighten the bolts.

Really... how long does it take to assemble a sled on an assembly line? Can't be more than an hour. So $100 in labor + $50 in materials... (yeah, I know... its a *little* more than that)

LazyBastard said:
MrRX-1 said:
I don't know about you guys but holly crap 17,900.00 + taxes for a new sled. No thank you I will be keeping 07 Apex and adding a Yamacharger.

And I thought my 03 was expensive.....
For a couple grand more (includes a nice discount), I think I'll buy that Toyota Tacoma 4x4 instead....

Interesting to note that they are *finally* catching up to where I already put my 03 a few years ago. I *still* don't see anything much worth the "upgrade". My 03 is in perfect shape and is for all practical purposes, exactly the same sled. Yeah sure, its now marginally more powerful, has magic valves in the exhaust, fuel injection, and wow, power steering. Doesn't interest me in the least.

You really have to wonder what they are thinking with this pricing....
Drop the price down to $5000 and they'll sell 100 times as many units (easily). Economies of scale = lower cost per unit (i.e. R&D+tooling only done ONCE), and you cash in BIG. The material cost is negligible compared to the overall price tag -- just hire a few more unemployed sumo wrestlers at minimum wage to tighten the bolts.

Really... how long does it take to assemble a sled on an assembly line? Can't be more than an hour. So $100 in labor + $50 in materials... (yeah, I know... its a *little* more than that)

YOU RIGHT, BUT YAMAHA DOESN'T CARE, THEY'LL SELL THE QUOTA ;)!

I'll keep the 06 Attak
Way to much $$$$
Thought I'd never say it--- looks like Ski Doo for me if I change!!
Wake up Yamaha :o|

One thing about Yamaha Canada they sure know how to entice a person to keep the sled they already own. Now I am really interested a yamcharger for the carburated rx-1's.

Yamaha can't make everyone happy. I mean comeon "make it weigh less" "add more power" "put an air compressor cause i don't want to get off my sled and pump air in the shock"...

yamahas said:
Yamaha can't make everyone happy. I mean comeon "make it weigh less" "add more power" "put an air compressor cause i don't want to get off my sled and pump air in the shock"...

Read the header again we are not happy with the price difference with our dollars within 6 cents of each other. I will buy eventually but I will buy from the USA, import, and forfeit the warranty for the small stuff and If I have a big issue haul it south to get warranty. :-o

Sled Dog said:
yamahas said:

Read the header again we are not happy with the price difference with our dollars within 6 cents of each other. I will buy eventually but I will buy from the USA, import, and forfeit the warranty for the small stuff and If I have a big issue haul it south to get warranty. :-o
oh i hear ya, im in canada also and the price tag is the same im just saying.

for the extra $5000 you pay you could have your own room for several trips

handwarmers should have been fixed for all of us who suffered with the 06 models

powersteering--give me a break!!! still adding more weight

think the new skiis will still need ski trackers to stop the darting

pretty dissappointing $17000 plus tax--- ridiculous

Not liking the eletronic steering.Looks like the same encoder motor in my Gmc envoy that has gone out twice(runs the 4x4). I can see that motor having issues very quick and things wearing out quickly.I'll just ride my 07 Apex.

$14,400 dollars!!!! Ouch! Hope they give some great rebates, they have priced themsleves out of the game. EPS is an uneeded gadget. Otherwise, looks like a nice refinement but gar-own-tee she's still tippy in the turns.

Back