• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011+ Apex. Worth upgrade from 06-10?

Country
USA
Snowmobile
07 Attak
Neighbor has a 12 Apex SE with 1200 miles on it. Nice sled and looks brand new. Fox shocks, power steering, etc. I am interested in buying it if he is reasonable with the pricing. He is the kind of guy to that holds onto stuff until he gets top dollar. I don't need to buy it, and he doesn't need to sell it kind of thing. I am just wondering if it is even worth it to upgrade from my 07 Attak with under 4,000 miles. I would be getting a newer sled with less miles but also going from a 136 to a 128 track. The 12 is probably worth realistically double the value of my 07 so I would obviously be spending a decent amount of cash on top after I sell my current sled.

Last edited:

I came off an 08 Apex LTX (same as Attak) to an 11 Apex and now a 15 Apex. Would highly recommend upgrading to the 12 if you can swing it. All around better performing sled in my opinion.

Cheers

Neighbor has a 12 Apex SE with 1200 miles on it. Nice sled and looks brand new. Fox shocks, power steering, etc. I am interested in buying it if he is reasonable with the pricing. He is the kind of guy to that holds onto stuff until he gets top dollar. I don't need to buy it, and he doesn't need to sell it kind of thing. I am just wondering if it is even worth it to upgrade from my 07 Attak with under 4,000 miles. I would be getting a newer sled with less miles but also going from a 136 to a 128 track. The 12 is probably worth realistically double the value of my 07 so I would obviously be spending a decent amount of cash on top after I sell my current sled.

I own or have owned 2 SE's. Pluses & Minuses.
Power steering very nice if you find the steering tough on your Attak.
More power, about 5 mph more top speed than your Attak.
Air Suspension. Mehhh. Not so much. Not as good as Attak or standard Apex IMHO.
Fuel tank smaller on the newer ones. Less Range.
I needed to set the SE's up re limiter strap, Snotrackers etc as I hated them with Factory set up. Like them when set up.

I would not get the shorty I would look for an XTX but yes it is well worth the upgrade.

As stated already the SE will have more power and better fuel mileage. The down side that it does require premium at the pumps.
Fox Floats? Some love them some hate them all depends on how you ride.
IMO both sleds need help with lighting, need Yamaheaters, Snowtrackers and revavled shocks.
The only reason I would upgrade is if I needed to have the power steering.

I've seen around here a well set up pre 11 is faster for me the only advantage is power steering there heavier but depends on What you do there all good when set up right

EPS and the EXUP on the newer example seem like a worthwhile upgrade.
I'm dealing on a leftover new '12 Apex SE right now.
I'll keep my '07 RTX.

you do not have to run premium in the 11 plus but it is recommended. the sled will adjust to lower octane. They are also way more capable of off trail my XTX is awesome fun off trail my 07 gt not so much as it was just looking for a place to get stuck.

As stated already the SE will have more power and better fuel mileage. The down side that it does require premium at the pumps.
Fox Floats? Some love them some hate them all depends on how you ride.
IMO both sleds need help with lighting, need Yamaheaters, Snowtrackers and revavled shocks.
The only reason I would upgrade is if I needed to have the power steering.

I had Yamaheaters on my 07 GT, but I have not needed them on my 2012 XTX. Otherwise, I agree with everything else above. Going from 121 - Tip Rail 144 was a much bigger improvement than I had banked on. Depends on your riding, but I love it.

Good luck!

EPS and the EXUP on the newer example seem like a worthwhile upgrade.
I'm dealing on a leftover new '12 Apex SE right now.
I'll keep my '07 RTX.
I changed my focus to a '15 Apex X-TX. Working on a deal for one. :)

Deal made. I pick her up saturday.
2015 XTX with 830 miles. Immaculate condition.
Thumb-1.jpg

You are so going to dig that sled!! Nice work!
Im sure i will. This forum really helped me decide what I really wanted.

Dilworth huh? My buddy lives down the road from you in Audubon. ;)!

Very cool, there is a good chance we may have met if he rides. I am a member of the Clay County Trailblazers and keep a 140+ person sled group active on Facebook for local riders.

I do like the color combination of that year XTX. Is that the last year of the tip rail before they went to the Singleshot skid? I like the tip rail, and never rode the other.

As mentioned before by others, I would skip the grip heater upgrades until you notice if they are cold. I did Rocks HID's, and this last year put on a 1.6" Ice Cobra. It's amazing the amount of track spin with the power of this sled. It has tons and the combination of bigger lug, and embedded studs really made a huge difference. Fully studded would be a good option too. I wanted it to be better off trail, so the 1.6" was perfect.

I put over 3000 miles on the stock track, and loved it. But now realize what kind of monster it could be on and off trail.

Enjoy!

Nah, he rides, but sparsely.

Yes '15 was the last year with the tipped up rails.
2016 saw the single shot come into play on the XTX.

I learned all this great info on this very forum. ;)

Back