• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 apex se shock upgrades??

I will re cant abit. If you drive low speeds and nice groomed trails all the time the Floats are great shocks. They live up to their name as you float along the trail. Get into bigger bumps or pop a road crossing then you will not be happy. Twice I have been double bounced by a factory spec-setup Apex SE. Not a good feeling coming down with the skis reaching down to find the trail. In the one instance this happened I swapped back to my GYTR and rear KYB/multi rate sprung sled and did the same run with completely different results. It was smooth and predictable over the same bumps.
The Floats may have their place, just not on my sled.
Most guys complain of just the opposite. Harsh ride in small stuff. Pressure setting is very important along with properly working shocks. I run Floats RC2’s though with all the bells and whistles. Best front shocks I have ever owned. Rides like a caddy and has saved me from o-crap moments countless times.

Most guys complain of just the opposite. Harsh ride in small stuff. Pressure setting is very important along with properly working shocks. I run Floats RC2’s though with all the bells and whistles. Best front shocks I have ever owned. Rides like a caddy and has saved me from o-crap moments countless times.
Set up a '12 SE as per the manual for the driver's weight. Takes the small bumps away but harsh ride in the bigger stuff.
These floats need larger air chambers. The way they are its to select on what it can handle at a certain pressure. They need to have a larger capacity to handle small and big bumps imo.

I have the same sled. I run the remote Hygear piggy backs in the front and Hygear's custom Axis shock in the rear. Night and day difference. I wish I had dumped the rear Megafloat from day one.

I looked at the axis shock for the rear but I'll hold out for a used KYB the axis is not in the cards for me. Buying the sled wasn't either but I got it at a price point I couldn't turn away from.

Track came today. Most likely tear it down this weekend. I'm still waiting for a few things but got to get parts powder coated.

I gave it thought honestly to run my duel rate coil overs from my 06 on my 12 but not sure there the same. I guess the only way to describe it to most that have been on here awhile. Going to air shocks for me is like coming off a 2 and moving on to a 4 stroke when it comes to air shocks. Yes I have seat time on air shock sleds just never owned one. To me there's a difference.

i run gytr coil overs on the front of both my 11 and 16 xtx and they are way better than the stock ones that came on the 11 at least. 16 was better fronts but the rear single shot oe shock sucked so bad i got it warntied at the 1st oil change to the 18 spec fox shock witch was much better. youngest brother runs my stock 11 shocks on his 09 apex mtx that he put a trail front end on and they work perfectly there. keeping my eye out for a good deal on elka's or anything else.

Back