• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Apex XTX Vs SE Floats

Murse

Lifetime Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2011 Yamaha Apex Std Red
I want shorter track and I am looking for a standard Apex but I found a pretty good deal on an SE and was wondering how the shocks would compare ride, reliability and maintenance wise. How will the floats compare to the suspension I have now as well. Any issues with the fox float 2's that I should be aware of? A lot of SE and XTX for sale around here and I don't want a 144 track.

I've got a 07 gt and the past 2 seasons put the mega float with fox float x front shocks, love the front shocks but I'm not totally happy with the mega float, I actually put my ohlins back on a few weekends ago, much better ride than the mega float for me, had the ohlins serviced and I just adjust it through the handle bar rather a pump,

My next sled will be an standard apex, my buddy had one so I got some seat time on it, it's probably the best riding mono, plus adjusting the shock from the tunnel is nice,

Love the ride of my XTX, no complaints here. Handles great on groomed trails as well. You need to try each one out and decide for yourself ;)! .

vx700xtc said:
Neither of those will ride as well as your mono. That is why so many XTXs and SEs for sale, they dont ride as smooth.

The XTX soaks up chatter better & offers better compression & rebound characteristics by far compared to a mono IMO. These make for a noticeably smoother ride than a mono IMO. To each his own I guess.

I tried a 2011 XTX and found it stiff and it needs a lot of suspension servicing compared to my mono. It seems to seize up every year and you need to grease the crap out of it to get it going again. Had the xtx and an rmotion side by side and the travel just by standing on the machines is unreal. I know rmotion is the best but I am not buying a doo they just don't excited me like Yamaha and the used Yamaha market is very affordable right now. Plus I am so worried about pushing with the XTX and the added weight. My apex is heavy and I have to work hard in certain situations I can imagine a heavier sled. I will keep an eye out for a Standard apex and probably get hygear to do the dual rate spring kit on that one as well to get close to my ride now. Thanks for all the input. I notice that a lot SE and XTX for sale seems to make sense that they don't ride as well as the standard shock package.

Back