• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Nytro XTX Starting Issue

DeepFrz

Expert
Hoping I can get pointed in the right direction here...

2011 Nytro XTX with 5200 miles. Brand new battery this season.

Every so often (happened twice to me this past weekend), I'll turn my key, gauge and fuel pump turn on, but when I go to start, the sled will begin to crank for maybe half a second and then nothing. Usually if I let go of the key, wait a few seconds, and turn it again, the sled will fire up no problem.

As I already said, the battery is brand new, connections are all good. I had this issue as well over the past few years on the old battery as well. I don't think its a moisture issue because the sled hasn't seen powder in over three years.

I'm thinking maybe the starter?

Anyone else have this issue?

Had the exact same issue. It was a bad starter relay or solenoid I call it. The one that comes from battery and goes to starter. Main cable. Replaced mine. Flawless now. Part 11

Attachments

• 860DC0D3-C343-4290-8826-C125D754BB68.png
    860DC0D3-C343-4290-8826-C125D754BB68.png
    292.3 KB · Views: 63
Thanks for the quick response! I'll head up to my dealer and pick one up. Is there an updated one from Yamaha (like the solid state relays)?

Also clean the connector behind the key switch. It may not look corroded but the contacts oxide causing intermittent problems like you described.

Back