• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Yamaha release poll

Are you disappointed or impressed with the 2011 Yamaha release?

• Disappointed

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Impressed

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Grimm

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2018 MXZ 850
I'm sure Yamaha would like to know if the majority here feel that the 2011 release was a dud or a home run.

I don't have the ability to edit the poll, so it's basically they did well, or not.

I'm leaning more towards impressed than disappointed but i'm not sure if impressed is the right word... I've very happy with the 2011 lineup.

I for one don't really care at this time! I picked up a leftover new 09 Apex Ltx Gt and I couldn't be happier! It is by far the best sled I have ever owned, I can't wipe the grin off my face :)

I do think the price on the 2011 is a little insane!

I'm somewhat satisfied...but a little concerned on LONG term maintenance...you use to have a steering with a bunch of tie rods and bushing...now we have "EPS" how is it going to hold up and when it fails how much to fix! the exhaust system had headers, donuts and rear exhaust...now WOW! take a look...how is this going to respond to all the ABUSE, snow, ice and again HOW much to up keep...YAM use to be WRENCH freindly but now their starting to be like a "BMW" where you'll have to bring her to the dealer everytime she breaks down cuz of all this HIGH tech crap to get a few extra pony's that will end up costing the owner BIG bucks for maintenance...YAM use to have a descent RELIABLE cheap to up-keep sled...I guess will have to see in the next few years how they'll hold up! time will tell! will just keep riding my good old '08...

Attachments

• 2011_Apex exhaust header.jpg
    2011_Apex exhaust header.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 491
I think they did well. I find it very frustrating reading all the posts that do nothing but criticize. I want this... I want that... Every year so far for the last 4 years that I have been back into snowmobiling Yamaha has put out a great line up. 2008 the Nytro RTX 2009 the XTX 2010 MTX SE(awesome) now the 2011 Apex with EPS. You cant expect every year to get a full new line up. Well done Yamaha.

Bamboo said:
I think they did well. I find it very frustrating reading all the posts that do nothing but criticize. I want this... I want that... Every year so far for the last 4 years that I have been back into snowmobiling Yamaha has put out a great line up. 2008 the Nytro RTX 2009 the XTX 2010 MTX SE(awesome) now the 2011 Apex with EPS. You cant expect every year to get a full new line up. Well done Yamaha.

But if no one complained they'd never change anything...so complaining as annoying as it can be does get SOME results...for example... steers heavy...power steering....subframe bent again...changed nothing

Bamboo said:

I agree!!! This is the best looking sled out there. It's addressed a bunch of issues on the older model. I cannot wait to take one for a rip!!! I could not give a S&^T whether it does 105 or 120. These sleds are well built and thought out. They will not fold up like cigarette paper and plastic like some other makes. You may pay more but they will last longer and have higher resale when you trade up. just my 2 cents.

Dissapointed. I heard they were bringing back the ovation!?! I am soooo bummed.

A better poll would be; are you buying a new sled and if so what brand............Otherwise what's the point of this?? Buyers get the manufacturers attention, not tire kickers........

New Apex sounds like Yamaha been listening to most of our concerns; just not my #1 wish, more horsepower.

I'd love to get ahold of one for a couple days of riding in the Keweenaw. :yam: :-o :-o :-o

Now does the mega foxfloat fit the older monos? Also does the new windshield fit the older ones.If they do that would make for some nice upgrades for our sleds.Some what impressed and disapointed at the same time.

dissappointed... sorry but I am. I like my current apex and for what yam has done with the new one, I'd never even think of ditching my apex and spending that kinda cash for EXUP, which I don't want. or EPS which I also don't want.... Thats my opinion, to each his own...

Back