• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Yamha Sales incentives

sk-rx1 said:
Yamaha has released the sales program for this fall. For the 2011 Apex they are offering $300 rebate or 3.99% financing for the life of the loan. Did not see any other details. There is a $1000 rebate on 2010 Nytro, that's the max

oh sweet, so i should be able to get a new apex financed for only 300.00 a month... :moon: ...

i just came from a local dealer today and seen they are dropping down $2000. but that is still almost 16grand!!!. someone earlier said it, normal joe can only afford so much. i am just thankful i jumped to yami a couple of years ago. imo they are not going to sell out of these sleds... heck there are still brand new 09's kicking around!! i have noticed that every march they come out with the huge incentives then. besides... who knows how all the bells and whistles and are going to hold up this first year. i like march...

I think prices on used sleds will be a bit more stable than the past, and sleds will hold value. Common law of economics, as someone said earlier, supply vs. demand.

Anyone paying 15 G's for a sled, I don't care how nice or how fast, is either a millionare or likes throwing away their money. I'd say 2% of their sales will be APEX's. I personally will never pay that much for a sled. I will go with a Vector, E-Tek 600 or 4-TEK Doo, before I pay that kind of money. 4-Tek Doo isn't a bad sled and weights 100 lbs. less than Vector and Apex's, dry.

Yamaha has gone off the deep end with their pricing, imo. Cut a hundred pounds, put new ski's on all models, with hand warmers that work, and we can talk - at about 2 to 3 grand less per copy.

The value of our used sleds just went up based on these 2011 pricing. As to the supply side, demand is down,dealers are going under. The recreation market is the first hit and last to recover. I have had conversations with owners of Bombardier,Polaris,Arctic Cat and Yamaha dealerships here in Mass. and it is WAY OFF!

Yamaha might just be smarter then you think fusion. Resale is very high on sleds with bad skis and weak hand warmers.

bottlerocket said:
Yamaha might just be smarter then you think fusion. Resale is very high on sleds with bad skis and weak hand warmers.

What proof do you have that Yamaha is selling 2011 Apex SEs at a fast pace??? Every Yam dealer I talked to said 2011 Apex sales are VERY slow. I agree with Fusion $15K USA for a new sled is is a paper thin vertical market segment. Fusion said & I say I will NEVER pay $15K USA for any new sled no matter how good it may be. 2011 Doo GSX 4tek looks better every day at $11K probably can get for under 9K or so with some wheeling & dealing. Don't get me wrong I luv my 2007 Attak GT but is sure was not $15K new! It would not be fair to my family to spend $15K USA on a sled just for me. I can afford an Apex SE just would NOT be the best use of my money & this is coming from a guy who just purchased a new 2010 185 Ranger with 2010 150 Etek engine. I like my toys but I don't like being ripped off either. $15K USA for a new sled just too much lean green for a snowmobile.

$13,100 out the door with tax taking advantage off all incentives is what I got.. Got the 4 year warranty and the $300 cash off the price by not financing it. This is the base model not the SE. MSRP is just that, my dealer doesn't sell any of the sleds at MSRP. If you look at comparable sleds like the 800 ETec or Turbo cats they are all almost the same price. Maybe a grand and change off. For me, I would rather spend a grand or so more for the quality 4 year warranty, reliability, power steering and the best motor around around. None of the other brands are giving a 4 year warrantly. I also got the free cover from Yamaha for putting $500 down in April for the order. Thats worth another $150. I sold my 2008 Apex Anniversary and had to pony up another $6K for a new sled which is doable and got all my issues adressed and now powersteering.

Just my opinion, but I am excited about the sled and find that all the complaining on this board about everything Yamaha has does wrong is really getting old. Bad skis, hand warmers, etc.... how about the positives compared to the other brands.

OK I'm positively sure $15K MSRP USA for 2011 Apex SE is too high for mass sales of this sled.

Whitedust - good to hear from you after a long, long, hot summer. I was in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago, on the big lake in your local town, walleye fishing. Don't want to be too specific for obvious reasons.
We did pretty good, but I had a guide for the 1st time.

Glad to see you are the practical type, like me. I could afford to trade or sell one of my '09's and easily come up with the difference for an APEX. But never in a million years would I do that. I doubt I will ever pay over 10 G's for a sled, but then a gain, ya never know on that one. The market and desire has a way of wearing you down. But - I sincerely believe if you shop and wait till late December, or buy one year old model, you can easily get a new sled under 10K. I love the Yamaha's I have, but next year one of the two is going away, and if I can't find a 2011 brand new for less than 10 thou, I'll be shopping the dealers for an E-Tek or 4-Tek and buy all the warranty I can get with it. Their prices are plainly out of control. Not even arguable in my opinion. But Yamaha is very smart knowing the market and pricing will severely limit sales, and thus have dramatically lowered production.

sk-rx1 said:
Yamaha has released the sales program for this fall. For the 2011 Apex they are offering $300 rebate or 3.99% financing for the life of the loan. Did not see any other details. There is a $1000 rebate on 2010 Nytro, that's the max

Only in the U.S. :o|

Ok let's be honest here. i know that there is a lot of complaining on this site about cold hands, and shotty ski's. but they are asking over 15k for these things!!!. If you are spending that kind of money, there should be nothing wrong with it and everything should work the way you want it to.!! if you bought a $2000 plasma t.v. would you be ok if the picture was kinda distorted but you could still see it........ probably not! heck, for another 3k you can get a 3-4 year old truck!!ha. now that is crazy!

Buy leftovers

I traded my 03 RX1 in and out the door cost was 7,000.00 on a brand new 2010 Apex LTX GT. listed at 9499.00 before my trade. I worked out pics and a cover in the deal. Alot less than 14,000. Its a perfect upgrade for me!

It is kinda funny how so many are willing to "settle" for the bad skis, the cold hands, no rear heat exchanger, shorter track, wheel wear, track rub, lack of accessory plug, 13 less horsepower, and other issues that have been complained about since 2006 in order to justify not buying a more expensive new Apex. In a couple years, when the New 2013 Apex is out and the price is higher yet, the best deal will be buying a used or carry over Apex at $10 to $12K and it will be less on tech. than the new ones.

Or just buy a Ski Doo, Cat or Polaris and rebuild it in a couple years and fix all the little cheap pieces that fall apart and break. That works for many but not for me.

Fusion said:
Whitedust - good to hear from you after a long, long, hot summer. I was in your neck of the woods a few weeks ago, on the big lake in your local town, walleye fishing. Don't want to be too specific for obvious reasons.
We did pretty good, but I had a guide for the 1st time.

Glad to see you are the practical type, like me. I could afford to trade or sell one of my '09's and easily come up with the difference for an APEX. But never in a million years would I do that. I doubt I will ever pay over 10 G's for a sled, but then a gain, ya never know on that one. The market and desire has a way of wearing you down. But - I sincerely believe if you shop and wait till late December, or buy one year old model, you can easily get a new sled under 10K. I love the Yamaha's I have, but next year one of the two is going away, and if I can't find a 2011 brand new for less than 10 thou, I'll be shopping the dealers for an E-Tek or 4-Tek and buy all the warranty I can get with it. Their prices are plainly out of control. Not even arguable in my opinion. But Yamaha is very smart knowing the market and pricing will severely limit sales, and thus have dramatically lowered production.

Good to hear from you too Fusion. As you know I bleed blue Yamaha blood but $15K USA MSRP for a new 2011 Yamaha Apex SE is beyond the threshold for most sledders & you & I are like minded on this price issue. If Yamaha needs to sell the Apex SE at $15K USA MSRP the snowmobile division is in trouble. I know the Yamaha snowmobile division is a drop in the ocean to Yamaha & probably more problems than it is worth to the Yamaha Corporate Officers. You & I thought Polaris might exit the snowmobile market due to warranty problems & declining market share but Poo hung in there although the 2011 Poo CFI 800 probably will be a time bomb. Doo is the snowmobile market sales leader no doubt about that & their GSX 4tek is getting better every year with cockpit adjustable air shocks & now has handle bars with hooks. Doo needs to upgrade the GSX 4tek ripsaw track from 1 inch to 1.25 & they will have a sled I have to consider for at least $5K USA MSRP less than the Apex SE. The 2011 Apex SE looks & specs out as a great sled but it is just to darn expensive to consider. Yamaha also has to address Apex weight issues as it is getting too difficult to continue to defend Yamaha dead sled weight of over 100 lbs or more over Doo 4s sleds. I'm hopeful Yamaha will come up with a sled maybe a hybrid between the best features of the Apex SE & the Nytro that can lose a 100 lbs but still put out 150 HP. I don't want to leave Yamaha & go back to Doo but I have a great Doo dealer in nearby Lando & good Yamaha dealerships are few & far between in our area. My 2007 Attak will be ripping the WI & UPMI trails again this year but an upgrade is on my mind too. Talk to me about what sleds you are considering when you upgrade but only 4s for me. I'm done with 2s sleds even 800 etek is a no go for a power cruiser like me.
Stay in touch,
whitedust

I was hesitant to weigh in here but all the Yamaha bashing is getting annoying. Take a breath and stick your head up and read up on U.S. and world events. The US dollar exchange rate is at a record low vs. the Japanese Yen. Our pals at the Federal Reserve are printing money out of thin air in an attempt to aid our economy. Look up the definition on "Quantitative Easing" online. "Printing Money" just isn't as catchy of a phase for these bureaucrats. Japan is so worried about taking a hit on their exports that they attempted to buy up us dollars to weaken the Yen. So, of all the sled manufacturers, Yamaha is the most affected by the weak U.S. dollar so their products are more expensive to us.
If you don't like prices now, just wait another year or two as we print trillions more U.S. dollars.
Don't bitch at Yamaha, bitch at your elected officials who are allowing our U.S. dollar to become worthless. Oh, one more thing, VOTE!

Back