• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 Yamha Sales incentives

I agree. Vote out the current class and get involved in your local elections.

Also all the complaining about the Apex SE. If you want a sled on par with the Ski Doo's buy a Vector for a lot less money. Not everyone has to buy the Corvette of a manufacturer's line up. Use cars as a comparable, the new Vettes are pushing $60 for a base model. It is all relative. They used to be $30 grand in the 80's. Don't want to spend all the money for the Vette then buy a Camaro for less and the Camaro is in the same class as a Mustang. Not everyone buys the Viper but lots buy the Challenger.

Are the new sleds expensive and everyone would like them less. Yep, and Yamaha will sell them to the market they target. Again, I can remember a couple years ago about all the crying in spilled milk about how the 2008 Apex was over $10K and now everyone here says the new sleds should be $10K. Before that the 2006 Apex was in the $8K mark and everyone was crying about how the sled should be in the $6K marks like their old Vipers.

Again, there are lots of guys here who love the product and can't wait to start riding it. Lets start talking about what we think is great, complaining about skis no one has ever ridden a season on? Huh?

Maybe Mr. Sled should start a forum page/section called: Complainers Talk.

82SRX500 said:
Maybe Mr. Sled should start a forum page/section called: Complainers Talk.
;)!

Well as far as I'm concerned if an extra 2 grand was the real issue, I'd be riding a Doo. I'm glad I coughed up the extra though. Not that there is anything wrong with the competition's sleds... I just like my Apex.

Although the initial price might be high for some, in a 3-5 year span of use owning a 2 stroke would cost you just as much if not more :o| :Rockon:

GYT-R DONE ;)!

I look up the cost of the power steering parts just for fun and they retail for way over 2400.00 so the price is not to bad just means that the use sleds will go up in price

darv said:
I look up the cost of the power steering parts just for fun and they retail for way over 2400.00 so the price is not to bad just means that the use sleds will go up in price

I don't believe they cost 2400 when they are a $500-$600 option on the 4 wheelers.

Banks93 said:
darv said:

I don't believe they cost 2400 when they are a $500-$600 option on the 4 wheelers.

Economies of scale.... I would assume they make many more four wheelers. If they are the same part numbers and technology then there is a math problem. But the computer ECU to run the powersteering on a snowmobile has lot of R&D cost built into it.

82SRX500 said:
Banks93 said:
darv said:

Economies of scale.... I would assume they make many more four wheelers. If they are the same part numbers and technology then there is a math problem. But the computer ECU to run the powersteering on a snowmobile has lot of R&D cost built into it.

They are not 2400.00. They are only a 500.00 option from the dealer.

i dont think thee pricing is that far out of wack i picked up a brand new 2010 nytro xtx that was right out of the box for 10899! and thats canadian from a canadian dealer. at the time i could not find a better sled for a better price!

still, i can't convince myself to loose about 6-7000$ to change every year a toy that i can only use 3 months out of the year... and 2 days a week...so that is a little too expensive hourly rate for me...

:exc:

Rash said:
still, i can't convince myself to loose about 6-7000$ to change every year a toy that i can only use 3 months out of the year... and 2 days a week...so that is a little too expensive hourly rate for me...

:exc:
You hit the nail square on the head! Not to mention the 5 hours of travel we in southern New England need to travel to get to a trail system half as good as yours.

I'm starting on my 3rd year with my 2009 Apex GT with 6000 miles and oil started to pump..so they are opening the motor as we speak on warranty...

moded the skis, suspension, lights, hand warmers....

so now, i don't want to change a machine i finally dialed in to my taste..

:die

Back