• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 FX NYTRO XTX didnt start in morning

arvon

Only 500 miles on it, 2nd season. Rode between Xmas and New Years 4 days, 4-5 hours a day. Last morning time to go and sled wouldnt start. No sound of fuel pump, no code, only check engine and yellow warning light. Took a blind heater and heated things up and finally the sound of the fuel pump and it started. Sounds like frozen fuel pump relay? Where is the relay on these, are they plug in? Maybe it would be good to keep a spare relay?

Real PITA to get at that relay. At least my fat hands can't get in there and pull it out. Looks like going through the side is not really a trail side fix either. Wish they were in a more acessable place.

My 2012 RTX did the same thing but was displaying code 43. The fuel pump relay on my sled was the one furthest forward. I warmed up the third one back and it didnt do a thing. I replaced relay and installed new with dielectric grease and all is well.

Need a flat screwdriver to take it out and change it have to take some screws off, warm it up with your hand abit and turn it off and on and will eventually go. Real pain in the #*$&@ but that's yamaha reliability

Just pour some hot water on it or if thats not available let mother nature help u and just pee on it (the relay that is)..it works beleive me

I just put in a new relay from Yamaha...I was assured they are an upgraded version. Took a good hour to change..needlenose pliers and pulling the front plastic pin on the relay bracket and I could squeeze my hand. Starts fine now at -25 C. Make sure you get this years upgraded relay.(put a rag under the relays to catch any dropped parts ..I have a brand new relay in the belly pan that won't be found untill the next oil change)

Take the time to rip the sled apart and use dielectic grease on all electrical connections including fuses & relays .... should be done from the factory. May not help with severe cold starts but its cheap maintenance

Had same problems. New relays are supposed have been improved. We should be getting free ones as part of a recall! Doubt that will happen!

Back