• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Nytro XTX with 450 miles. Will not start???

NB-NYTRO

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
I thought it was a battery problem. I charged the battery still no go. It seems to turn over really slow and after you let go of the key something makes a weird clicking noise. Any ideas? I've had 5 of these things go through my shop and I have never have any trouble with anything under the hood.

The weird clicking noise is normal. My guess is the battery also. Change it out for a different one to see of that solves the problem. Also, are you getting an error code at all? My Nytro wouldn't start once, and the error code (47 i think) said insufficient voltage to the fuel injection system. It would turn over just fine though. Cleaned the battery connections, and it was all good again.

I have no codes. I've had the battery on the trickle charger for awhile. It does seem like it doesn't have enough amps. The motor does turn over but not fast enough. Well that's a piss off. The sled is basically new. I can swap the battery with the 08 sitting beside that does start.

Yeah some batteries last a long time. Mine is original (09 xtx) but I think its gonna go south soon. Seems to not turn over as fast as it did before.

Take your meter and see if the battery has 12v if it does see if you have 12v on the other side of the relay if you do then the starter is bad...just reading what you said and what's it doing I say the starter is bad ;)!

You would have to load test the battery instead. Checking the voltage won't nessecarily work. It can have 12 volts, but no cranking amps. That test will help to check if everything is working, relays, solenoids, etc... don't forget that when you are cranking the sled over, the battery voltage will drop while its cranking.

nytrolabrador said:
take the battery from the good one and try it..

Yeah thats the plan. I have warranty left till Dec.25th. I will swap the battery with the 08 I have sitting beside it.. I need to invest in a multi-meter soon

It was the Battery. I swaped the battery out of the 08 and the 2012 started right up. I was amazed how loose the batteries are in the holders. I'm wondering if there's something special I need to with the instal of metal plate that holds the battery in?

I bought a battery tender and leave it plugged in all summer. Have had great results with batteries lasting a long time.

Can anyone post a pict of their battery bracket installed? For some reason my batteries are really loose in the sleds.. Not sure if I'm missing something?

Not my picture, I just did a google search...
What battery do you have in your nytro?

Attachments

• 2013-02-18180125.jpg
    2013-02-18180125.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 150

Back