• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Yamaha's

I think nothing much will happen. Lots of great ideas in the last 12pages but I think it will be kind of like when that special someone kinda gives you the look around dinner time but by the time the kids are in bed you find flannel pajamas and snoring like someone left a chainsaw going wide open...that kind of disappointment...it's ok, still love them, just disappointed.

Love them too, but unfortunately they don't offer what I am looking for anymore... Looks like it may be my last year on a Yamaha.

sg35 said:
I hope I didn't offend anybody with the above post...it was meant to be funny.
I found it funny and know exactly what you mean!

It seems it happens to me far too often though :o|

BADSLED said:
Love them too, but unfortunately they don't offer what I am looking for anymore... Looks like it may be my last year on a Yamaha.

Didn't you buy. Yamaha for reliability? Surly it wasn't their snocross capability :)

Comatoast said:
BADSLED said:

Didn't you buy. Yamaha for reliability? Surly it wasn't their snocross capability :)

I have ridden Yamaha snowmobiles since 2001 and they have proven to be the most reliable snowmobiles on the market along the incredible throttle response produced by thier finest engines (2 & 4 stroke). However, over the last few years Yamaha's intent to produce a light weight, performance handling sled has been ignored vs. it's competion. With other brands offering just as reliable 4 stroke engines and much improved handling suspension packages I am willing to walk away trying something different as many others have done. It's sad to see a company with such potential and resources choose to introduce technology such as power steering in ways majority have no interest in.

Badsled, I kind of feel the same way. I have looked all over for a new sled and every yamaha I have interest in is in my opinion over priced. I would only buy a vector or a nytro. Don't feel a need for the apex where I live and would do most of the riding I feel it's unnecessary to have that kind of sled. But, the vector while a great sled seems to be caught in this cycle of having yesterday's technology (it's still a damn good sled, and yes I have ridden one), and the nytro which seems to have this love hate relationship going on. I can't justify a 10,000 dollar sled with two kids and an ungodly amount of money being dished out for various sports for them, but the sled I can afford from yamaha gives me no incentive to buy other than it would be better than what I currently have which is nothing...sold it to buy parts for the motorcycle. I have to say the carbed doo and the 600 class sleds which seem to go for a little less coin are what I am looking at, but I hold out hope that yamaha brings back a 100-110 hp sled with a reasonable price. Never owned a non yamaha sled with the exception of a Polaris that I bought with my own money when I was in junior high and a farmer could work you for 70 hours and pay you $20.

BADSLED said:
Comatoast said:
BADSLED said:

I have ridden Yamaha snowmobiles since 2001 and they have proven to be the most reliable snowmobiles on the market along the incredible throttle response produced by thier finest engines (2 & 4 stroke). However, over the last few years Yamaha's intent to produce a light weight, performance handling sled has been ignored vs. it's competion. With other brands offering just as reliable 4 stroke engines and much improved handling suspension packages I am willing to walk away trying something different as many others have done. It's sad to see a company with such potential and resources choose to introduce technology such as power steering in ways majority have no interest in.

Well said. And I agree. After riding a doo 1200 I was pretty impressed but it did not have the pep or the fun factor of the nytro by any means. Sad to see yamaha not putting much effort into fixing the problems of now as opposed to making ( innovating ) new ideas that aren't near as important

I rode a 1200 doo renegade 2 years ago and after that ride my 04 warrior felt light years ahead(except for the rear skid,that doo rode great in the rear.Too bad for the cinder block 1200 up front).

Re: EXCITER

TURBOFX said:
VECTOR CHASSIS WITH PHAZER MOTOR AND A SUPERCHARGER TO MAKE 110HP. THINK ABOUT IT, 2 CYLINDER AND LOTS OF ROOM FOR A SUPERCHARGER AND POWERSTEERING. 55LBS LIGHTER THAN A VECTOR.
NEW NAME IS EXCITER.
I think that's an awesome idea...would definitely be a big seller, especially if they could get it down close to 500lbs. They also need to do a totally different front suspension design on the Nytro...just get these things to handle good out of the box, put on a 10g fuel tank and some storage...and I'd bet they'd be #1 in sales in no time. Just don't screw with the best motor and chassis in the industry. ;)!

i would love to have the nitro motor in a vector ltx chassis, i love my brotherin-laws 2010 vector ltx but it needs more spunk, maybe a vector sx would be just right?

Ruffrider, I'm sure if it were that easy, Yamaha would have done it by now. It seems to me that Yamaha"s commitment is not as strong as the other manufacturers. The Nytro is proof that a great snowmobile is defined by more than a great engine..
I heard today from reliable sources that huge changes are coming from Cat. Can't the same about Yamaha unfortunately. We'll see next week. LaLaLa

It's clear Yamaha left hands the sled business. They have the resources to kill the other OEM's. Let's face it the market is just not big enough to warrant the investment.

Back