• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2012 Yamaha's

My local dealers website got 2011 VK540s and Bravos with the heading "last chance to own a legend".

atdubs said:
Not sure if any one saw this yet. It was posted over on HCS forum from someone who was at the snow shoot, so either I got B.S.ed re-threading this or we may have something to look forward to. Here is what he wrote.

"Cat did their homework, for sure. People are going to be surprised and in some cases, will need help picking up their bottom lip.

Yamaha had a few sleds that have taken their current technology to the next level. Very nice refinements. They had one machine that everyone was talking about, but NO ONE was allowed to look under the hood, or get any closer than 10 ft from it. When a test rider turned the key and took off, everyone went "WOW"." :jump:
I think that's exactly what they said about the 08 Nytro and when the production Nytros came, no test rider wanted to ride it!

low slung said:
My local dealers website got 2011 VK540s and Bravos with the heading "last chance to own a legend".
If the Bravo was a shorty, i think i would do it, just to have one. I always liked the blue 300 Twin! Just awesome machines in an era where the others wrenched more then rode.
There is a group up by our cottage that come up, they have 3 Enticers they come up to ride, i told my mom and dad, "There's about a grand into all 3 sleds, and they'll have a blast, and make it back home"! ;)!

OK, what we know so far:

1. Some yamaha dealers have received a noise making device from yamaha with the sound of a "new" motor. Motor for what? (Confirmed by 2 seperate forums, separate posters, no connection.)

2. A poster on at least 2 other forums, as mentioned in this thread, was at showshoot and saw a yamaha sled that "everyone was talking about", "no one was allowed to open hood or get close", "had no decals" and sounded incredible.

Normally, I wouldn't be too convinced but it is the 10th anniversary of yamaha's 4-stroke conversion. In short, expect the unexpected.

homer-popcorn.jpg

I think the R&D would be incredible for a new EPA approved 2 stroke. Can't see it happening..
How many supercharged nytros could they sell? One here for sure!!!!Otherwise I think I'll be purring next year. ;)!

One of the sled mags predicted the following:

2 or 4 stroke entry level sled to replace most or all Phazers.
Power steering on Vector.

It will bee interesting to see if they are on target, especially since all the points they suggested about Doo were wrong ( no new chassis, no expansion/enhancement of ACE motor)

Back