• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2013 yamaha nytro hand warmer issues

Mcmarkrazz

Veteran
I thought prior to 2011 had the issues but mine are having issues also..they did work great when working
my hand warmers are not working. started with 1 last year and then the thumb so only have one still working.
I did add a riser and steering relocate kit so maybe that's part of the issue but I need to fix this before snow falls as I was miserable riding last year with cold hands.

Where to start and what is the easiet replacement or fix?

thanks

The issues you're referring to were more to do with them not getting as hot at lower RRMs like they would at higher RPMs and less to do with them actually quit working. It sounds like you may have either pinched a wire to the hand and/or thumb warmer or the heating element has gone bad. I believe you can buy just the heating element for the hand warmers but will most likely need to replace the actual thumb throttle lever as the heating element is embedded in it. If it was just an issue with them not getting as hot, then I would direct you to Rock's Yamaheaters but sounds like you have other issues to address.

rocstoys (site sponsor) makes a kit that boosts hand warmers so they get hotr. i have a sled with his kit on it and they get friggin hot!

Here is the info for troubleshooting. Check all your connection and any fuses.
Grip warmer.PNG
Grip warmer.PNG

good luck
Pete

Yamaheaters all the way!! The factory warmers work with engine RPM, the higher the revs, the more power is sent to the warmers, and the lower the RPM the less power provided. Also each time the brake lever is used, the power is cut to the warmers. I put the Yamaheaters on and now actually have to keep turning them off because of the extreme heat they provide. I ride with a low windshield, factory hand guards and an average warmth of glove and can easily ride at -30 degree weather. Fellow riders in my group will actually ride my sled now to warm up their hands lol unlike before.

I turn the Yamaheater module on when I'm warming up the sled to get the bars up to temp. By the time I hop on I can usually drop them back to a low to mid factory setting and be quite toasty.It seemed like the factory setup could never get past the cold soaked bars when I first start out in the morning.

Sounds like the heating element is going out. I have had to replace a few on my nytro. Not hard to do.

The yamaheaters are sure nice. Never looked back since I added them. Great upgrade
Ms

Back