• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2014 Yamaha viper 162

Having a weird issue with the sled. Last year on the last ride. I blew a belt while accelerating…heard a loud pop/backfire ish sounding…quite violent. After that I the sled felt lazy. Seemed like it was building boost slow.

I checked the airbox and everything was attached…figured maybe it was in my head since I never road it much after that.

Finally got out and it feels very laggy. Builds to maybe 6 psi at 6000’ and it’s very slow slow to build. I never pressure tested anything yet…any thoughts? I guess I should of pulled the tank off and made sure the exhaust doesn’t have a hole.

Last edited:

Yeah clutches are good. Went through them. No afr….it’s still got power just not as much and slow to build. Before it was 8-9psi at 6500-7500’. It changed after the belt blew. Before that it pulled good.

I’ll pressure test it when I get home. Check exhaust.

The other weird thing is it pulls like -20 inhg of vacuum driving not under boost. It wasn’t that much before. I checked the gauge accuracy with my digital pressure gauge and it was bang on.

If I don’t find anything maybe I’ll throw a manual boost controller on to eliminate the solenoid

The other weird thing is it pulls like -20 inhg of vacuum driving not under boost. It wasn’t that much before. I checked the gauge accuracy with my digital pressure gauge and it was bang on.

Ya that’s no right. Something is leaking down.

Kinda feel dumb for not checking it this summer. Hose clamp slipped. Tighten and pressure tested to 15psi.
Also removed the screw on the gauge body to equalize. Wasn’t at zero. All good.

A1C44631-1D2A-45C2-BD44-72B406A3B667.jpeg

Last edited:

Back