• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

yamaha1973 said:
tapp1 said:
Something from The Rider Scope Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TheRider ... 7184179052

Even with that tid bit, I would be COMPLETELY surprised if Yamaha released another 2-stroke... :yam:

Well I guess that depends. If it is a complete re-badge of the Cat then maybe they will both be available with the same engines 2 and 4 stroke. Of course if that happens it will be a sales disaster as people will just buy the original Arctic Cat instead of the fake Yamaha.

Shrader said:
I have been sworn to secrecy, but, You guys are not gonna be happy on wed.

You are a VIP member and this is your first post? Location says northern wisc............we all know the R&D center is there....hmmmm..... I can't see someone being a VIP member just to be a troll unless you have money to waste.

Weird one to say the least IMHO.....

Which will have more pages. The pre release rumors/speculation or the after release shock....?
lol

Subaru2006

journeyman said:
Shrader said:
I have been sworn to secrecy, but, You guys are not gonna be happy on wed.

You are a VIP member and this is your first post? Location says northern wisc............we all know the R&D center is there....hmmmm..... I can't see someone being a VIP member just to be a troll unless you have money to waste.

Weird one to say the least IMHO.....

Either a troll or there really is a TRF built re-badge coming our way.

If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

AKrider said:
If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

I see you are now a Polaris rider so I am not sure why you would even care. Sorry, but I assume you are happy with your Polaris so I am not sure why a happy customer would switch back for a re-badge when the same thing is already available at an AC dealer.

The biggest problem for me with a re-baged ProCross is that it means Yamaha is close to completely exiting the snowmobile business. These sort of "build this for me and paint it my color" arrangements never last long. Customers get bored and just buy the original product because what is the point of a fake? Why did Ford close Mercury... Or Chrysler close Plymouth... Or why has the re-badged VW (Chrysler) mini van done so poorly in the marketplace? You get the idea.

I would expect it will last a model run and then at that point you will just buy a green Arctic Cat that may or may not include a Yamaha engine. Arctic Cat has stated over and over they are committed to building their own engines in-house.

And just remember a re-badge is likely to also have Cat's low quality clutching and drive systems. If they are building 2 of the same sleds painted different colors they are going to be using the same components. :o|

AKrider said:
A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

i really hope the release is amazing just so negative nancy aka AKrider will stop complaining about yamaha and talk about how fast hes going to sell his sled to get the new sr viper. javascript:emoticon(':tg:')

I loved and miss the engines in my Vector and Nytro. I'm hoping they will be coming out with a new chassis that is comparable to what the other 3 OEM's currently produce. Right now, the best handling and riding 4-stroke sled is the 1100 Cat. It makes too much sense to not offer it with a Nytro motor. If Yamaha wasn't co-branding the 120 with Cat, I'd be inclined to dismiss the Cat/Yamaha rumor.

857745_539024509463004_1167498673_o.jpg

Yamaha's FB page posted this picture tonight. They sure love seeing us squirm! I hope one of the hotel workers is a Yammi fan and sneaks a pic for us!

i will agree with you 1100 rides great but in the trails i didnt like it but that was probably because the way it was set up. a friend has a 13 1100t and a 1100 neither have had belt issues or any issue yet. i was in bar the other day and over heard a guy talk about his blowing 5 belts last year and 4 this year already.

AKrider said:

The reason we buy yamaha is because of the quality. everything is straight, true, precision, and everything fits. and the sled does not fall apart in 2000 miles like cat and polaris. Cats are Junk, the same can not be said for products rolling out of TRF. If we get a re-badged Cat i cant imagine how crooked the yamaha engine will be coming off the production line. oh and drop a few bolts down in the bellypan during assembly and just leave them there.

you will have more faith in an arctic cat working than a yamaha??? wow, what are you smoking....

i will agree with you 1100 rides great but in the trails i didnt like it but that was probably because the way it was set up. a friend has a 13 1100t and a 1100 neither have had belt issues or any issue yet. i was in bar the other day and over heard a guy talk about his blowing 5 belts last year and 4 this year already.

When was the last time Yamaha was this silent before launching next season sleds? Can´t really remember.

I hope this means that the new Viper will be something really good.

And wow, over 100 pages and 147681 views ! Are we crazy or what!

Ike

Back