• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

talldude1 said:
AKrider said:
If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

The reason we buy yamaha is because of the quality. everything is straight, true, precision, and everything fits. and the sled does not fall apart in 2000 miles like cat and polaris. Cats are Junk, the same can not be said for products rolling out of TRF. If we get a re-badged Cat i cant imagine how crooked the yamaha engine will be coming off the production line. oh and drop a few bolts down in the bellypan during assembly and just leave them there.

you will have more faith in an arctic cat working than a yamaha??? wow, what are you smoking....

Exactly. A Yamaha that is a re-badged Cat might sell a few copies in it's first season or two to people who think like the guys who left for another brand, but will slowly sputter out. Since moving to a re-badge means the snowmobile R&D department has been dismantled what happens when the re-badge fails?

If you think Yamaha loyalist were upset last year over the XTX 1.75 release, give us a re-badged Cat built in TRF with missing fasteners, uneven seams, and that powerful Yamaha engine hooked to the worse drive system around and see what happens. The upset Yamafans haven't said much yet because many are hoping for more than an Arctic Cat built re-badge. If that is what it is... It will fail. I made that bold because it's the truth. Re-badges never stand the test of time especially when one of the main traits of your brand is being thrown out.

talldude1 said:
AKrider said:
If the new sled is a Pro-cross with a Nytro engine I'll be stoked. I couldn't care less where the sled is build, don't give a damn whether the factory is clean or dirty, if it is filled with rednecks wearing sweatpants or Japanese wearing tidy uniforms. All I care about is performance. Cat delivers that. A Cat chassis with a Yamaha motor will be very impressive. I'd have a lot more faith in that sled working well than something new from the ground up pure Yamaha design.

I think there are going to be some disappointed people on the 20th. The speculation and hype is way out of hand.

The reason we buy yamaha is because of the quality. everything is straight, true, precision, and everything fits. and the sled does not fall apart in 2000 miles like cat and polaris. Cats are Junk, the same can not be said for products rolling out of TRF. If we get a re-badged Cat i cant imagine how crooked the yamaha engine will be coming off the production line. oh and drop a few bolts down in the bellypan during assembly and just leave them there.

you will have more faith in an arctic cat working than a yamaha??? wow, what are you smoking....

Exactly. A Yamaha that is a re-badged Cat might sell a few copies in it's first season or two to people who think like the guys who left for another brand, but will slowly sputter out. Since moving to a re-badge means the snowmobile R&D department has been dismantled what happens when the re-badge fails?

If you think Yamaha loyalist were upset last year over the XTX 1.75 release, give us a re-badged Cat built in TRF with missing fasteners, uneven seams, and that powerful Yamaha engine hooked to the worse drive system around and see what happens. The upset Yamafans haven't said much yet because many are hoping for more than an Arctic Cat built re-badge. If that is what it is... It will fail. I made that bold because it's the truth. Re-badges never stand the test of time especially when one of the main traits of your brand is being thrown out.

Think about it this way... If I wanted an Arctic Cat don't you think I would already be riding one? In fact I rode them for years and left because of the poor quality control... Hmm...

Shrader said:
I have been sworn to secrecy, but, You guys are not gonna be happy on wed.
I bet he is one of those HCS Turbo guys that is going to bail to Yamaha and TY. So many issues over there with blown belts etc.

yamajammer76 said:
talldude1 said:
AKrider said:

Think about it this way... If I wanted an Arctic Cat don't you think I would already be riding one? In fact I rode them for years and left because of the poor quality control... Hmm...
Well said.The result of this would be a greater loss than a bigger gain.

Friend has a 2012 fx1100 sno pro turbo cat, after 500 miles needed new skid, new tunnel, blew 4-5 belts, and had been towed 3 times for the reverse issue, took it to dealer and they "fixed it". In the first 50 miles this year he has blown another belt and the hand warmers do not work. Pretty and has some sack but what a piece of sh$t. Unless Yamaha buys Cat and burns their factory down and starts over, just another motor in a flawed design will be less than what we Yami owners come to expect. I will be riding my sled another 5 years.......

Well guys keep`em coming I`m stuck home with the flew so this is good reading for me. Should be atleast 120pages before the countdown is completed.

Snowmobiling is like a marriage, there will be good and bad days that you have to get through according to the priest. Well thats OK but a rebadged Cat is more then I can handle, so please Yamaha god, wherever you are, listen to our prayers and do this the right way.

A 1000lbs sled with a thumper is better then a rebadged cat. As long as there are tuning forks on the hood.

DeepFrz said:
857745_539024509463004_1167498673_o.jpg

Yamaha's FB page posted this picture tonight. They sure love seeing us squirm! I hope one of the hotel workers is a Yammi fan and sneaks a pic for us!

Covert ops ,,,, :Rockon:

adubs916 said:
tapp1 said:
Something from The Rider Scope Facebook page...

https://www.facebook.com/pages/TheRider ... 7184179052

After reading that, it is most definetly a new Direct Injected motor, but it's got to be a 4-stroke. It makes no sense at all to develope a new 2-stroke.

Why does it make no sense? Back in 2003 did you think Ski Doo could achieve what they have as far as milage/power from a 2 stroke? Yamaha could save a bunch of weight going back to 2 strokes with new technology!

Back