• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Daranello said:
look the pix is not taken down here...so fake the 2014 Viper thread delete with the pix....so the real name is the Viper...but thats not her

I personally don't think it's a fake at all. I guess we will find out the truth on Wednesday.

Daranello said:
look the pix is not taken down here...so fake the 2014 Viper thread delete with the pix....so the real name is the Viper...but thats not her

It would be a lot more difficult for someone to photoshop all new panels than it would to just change the color on a cat and touch up the graphics. I think that's the new Viper.

But no Tuner skis??? Now I have a reason to stick with my Nytro. lol Those skis are amazing and I don't care what you bolt them onto they would still be amazing. :Rockon:

Now what I am even more curious about is what engines Cat will be running in their version. Will they also have a Nytro engine equipped sled for a 4 stroke or are they sticking another year with the 1100? Or are they going 2 stroke only, but using Yamaha technology for their SDI system? Heck I think there are more questions on the Cat side at this point.

Once again it will be a turbo and a yamaha motor on a cat chassis 128". So the question is with a yamaha motor an aftermarket turbo installed at the factory in a cat body and some slight changes would you buy it, or will you be pissed? Pissed that you own a blue cat with a yamaha power plant? A nytro motor with a turbo on it already in the works. Explains why they only needed one provider for boost. Hence the 470-475lb weight of the new sled.

ok, I just posted a comment on Yamaha Snowmobiles face book page regarding the 'leaked photos'... it was promptly deleted, along with one other post with a picture.

starting to think its true, despite the fact that it make zero sense at all!

(edit - I have screenshots for proof of deletion)

edit again... nevermind... im we todd did. It's just listed as posts by others. I forgot about how company/biz FB pages work

I think someone went to a lot of work to photoshop that and did an awesome job if that is fake as well to find a pic with a 509 helmet and new Yamaha gear I havent seen before. Couple things, TRF can barely find enough time in the day to get green sleds out to us dealers by Christmas, there is no way I think TRF can find time to build blue sleds on top of their green ones. Also, I know for fact Cat has one new engine for sure to be released next week. If this is the new Yamaha then Cat musta got something huge in return from yammi, cuz if the chassis is the same, unless you bleed green you'd be crazy to buy a cat instead so that tells me Cat will have big news to take them to the next level since Yamaha handling and etc. would have now come up to Cats level... I also hope we have an all new engine pushing at least 165hp, and not just a old Nytro plant stuffed in it. One can hope for 180+ though right?

If the picture is legit you will have one awsome driving machine.

Dont se why people wouldnt like an improved sled!

soldi said:
If the picture is legit you will have one awsome driving machine.

Dont se why people wouldnt like an improved sled!

I think the only reason why a re-badge scares us Yama-fans is because we wonder where the snowmobile division is headed. One thing they MUST do on Wednesday, if this is the new sled, is to tell us they are committed and are working on future in-house designs for their flagship trail and/or mountain sleds.

Remember awhile back when we heard that there would be no new mountain sleds for '14? Well maybe that is what Yamaha is putting their engineering resources into and letting the ditch banging market get a re-badge.

The interesting thing however is Arctic Cat might be cannibalizing their own line-up if they don't have exciting new engines as well. Who in the world would pick a current Cat 1100 over a Yamaha 1049 engine in the same sled?

Yet at the same time if the Yamaha doesn't at least have an exclusive engine what will sell it? The color blue?

Lots of questions for sure!

Yami450D said:
I think someone went to a lot of work to photoshop that and did an awesome job if that is fake as well to find a pic with a 509 helmet and new Yamaha gear I havent seen before. Couple things, TRF can barely find enough time in the day to get green sleds out to us dealers by Christmas, there is no way I think TRF can find time to build blue sleds on top of their green ones. Also, I know for fact Cat has one new engine for sure to be released next week. If this is the new Yamaha then Cat musta got something huge in return from yammi, cuz if the chassis is the same, unless you bleed green you'd be crazy to buy a cat instead so that tells me Cat will have big news to take them to the next level since Yamaha handling and etc. would have now come up to Cats level... I also hope we have an all new engine pushing at least 165hp, and not just a old Nytro plant stuffed in it. One can hope for 180+ though right?

Why not just be like them but classier. A nytro motor for your 600 class and a turbo version to be at 185hp? They already have the provider of turbos. It makes perfect sense. IMO. Now give cat direct,injection or electric steering and you have something. Hopefully the drive components etc are yamaha though and not cat, or you will need a fire extinguisher lol

Ok last prediction of the night... There will also be a Venom to go along with the Viper. The Venom will have a smaller engine and be a Phazer replacement.

What do you guys think?

I think it is the real thing, if you look closely there are slight alterations to the panels that are different then cat but quite similar. The front blue panels by the vent is angled in, cat has 3 vent slips instead of 4, and the obvious windshield, nytro bumper, and the venting on the left side panel looks slightly different.

Back