• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

from a friend that is in minneapolis

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 283

jtssrx said:
People prepare for the worst because its not fake it's 100% real. I have two friends that have seen it in person. It's a procross chassis with a Yamaha motor and Yamaha clutches. It's going to be built in Theif River Falls.

The one thing you can't see in this pic is the tunnel. The tunnel is white. When you see it tomorrow remember me saying this.

This man is 100% correct and has been all along. The only thing that isn't happening is it won't be co-branded nor sold in Arctic Cat dealers. It's a badge job, but still a Yamaha.

Think of Mercury or GMC truck. That's exactly what you have here. I'm not happy, but keeping an open mind. Yamaha will still be building their own sleds, however new stuff isn't ready and I believe they felt this arrangement was better then a whole line of BNG for 2014.

You know if they can fix Cat quality control.... And that's a big if... This might be a neat sled. As for me I'll stick with my reliable Nytro.

The only positive thing with a rebadge is that the resale value of my Nytro will be twice as high as new price.. .

Well to be more serious I honestly think that the resale value wont drop as much as it would if Yamaha released a proper new sled.

Dude I`m having serious issues, wtf is going on.

Now if this is the case and it´s real I´m sure it would be an awezome sled and all in between . but i still feel a bit sad that we didnt get any of the yamaha "uniqueness"

And guys take a look at the freggin track... its all screwed up..

yamajammer76 said:
jtssrx said:
People prepare for the worst because its not fake it's 100% real. I have two friends that have seen it in person. It's a procross chassis with a Yamaha motor and Yamaha clutches. It's going to be built in Theif River Falls.

The one thing you can't see in this pic is the tunnel. The tunnel is white. When you see it tomorrow remember me saying this.

This man is 100% correct and has been all along. The only thing that isn't happening is it won't be co-branded nor sold in Arctic Cat dealers. It's a badge job, but still a Yamaha.

Think of Mercury or GMC truck. That's exactly what you have here. I'm not happy, but keeping an open mind. Yamaha will still be building their own sleds, however new stuff isn't ready and I believe they felt this arrangement was better then a whole line of BNG for 2014.

You know if they can fix Cat quality control.... And that's a big if... This might be a neat sled. As for me I'll stick with my reliable Nytro.
It's like NASCAR, same chassi, just differant stickers and motor lol

09nytro said:
So ........this sit will become totallyamcat .....man that would suck.... :jump:

This only one model. The true "Deltabox" Yamahas will be back for 2014 with improvements. It just seems like Yamaha wanted to get down to building one chassis. I have heard that Yamaha will still be developing their own sleds, but this allows them to get a Nytro replacement out for next year.

I honestly believe that Yamaha has the trail market "whipped" with the Apex, Vector and Venture and those models still sell pretty well, but the Nytro and Phazer need replacement. Now I don't know this for sure, but I am going to assume there will be a smaller engine version called SR Venom that will replace the FX Phazer.

Now I have a special place in my heart for my genuine Nytro XTX even if it's a quirky little sled. It rides, handles nice and has a great engine. The Tuner skis really work on this sled. I won't be trading for one of these new YamaCats anytime soon, but it is nice that Yamaha is exploring other options then just closing the snowmobile division.

I think it is almost more interesting to see where Cat is going with their own line. I assume Yamaha has given them some engine technology in exchange for the chassis. I'd sure like to see the Genesis 4 Stroke remain Yamaha exclusive, but I guess we won't know for a few more days where Cat is headed. It is likely they might have the same Genesis powered sled as the SR Viper, but with Arctic Cat badging or maybe Yamaha is just doing 2 stroke work for them and the Yamaha will still have an exclusive engine.

Back