• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YES program

I haven't read many of the 119 posts so this may be redundant. If the "new" Yamaha is offered along with the YES program, it will be something worth considering. Just my 2cents worth.
Rocky18, aka Mike

yamajammer76 said:
gas n go said:
I personally don' t view this as a rebadge, but rather a re- engineer. I almost purchased the pro cross turbo but luckily held out and just Yamcharged my Apex. Now that Yamaha has there mitts on it, the panels look a little more refined the paint will stay on, the clutches will not overheat, the belts will likely survive, the engine will be just as /if not even more bullet proof, the fasteners will all be anodized, yes warranty will be available, a different chassis dynamic is made available to team blue, two manufacturers will continue to produce sleds keeping the other two inline and I will be reporting my first riding season on the Viper to you this time next year. My wife's BMW was built in North Carolina and it is a work of art, I am confident that Yamaha will have everything built to their spec as their dealers will be servicing the new sleds and honoring the warranty. Change is inevitable!

Yes, but this is going to be coming off an assembly line ran by Arctic Cat NOT Yamaha. I would hope that Yamaha has engineers placed inside the factory to monitor assembly and the components used in it have all met Yamaha's specifications for design quality. That's the deal here. If the Cat is a lemon or has poor quality components it is sort of expected. If it says Yamaha on the hood there is a different level of expectation from the customer. It MUST be a high quality product if it is going to be sitting next to an Apex or Vector on the showroom floor.

Last... for the love of mankind... I sure the heck hope there is a quality Yamaha clutch and drive system in that sled, because by now everyone knows the AC clutch and drive systems are junk in the ProCross.

What apex? There won't be any but leftovers . No need for one when you offer a 185hp and a 135-140hp sled in the same chasis. It will be the new phaser, the existing vector, and this with an option of more then likely a mpi turbo on it.

sheetwright said:
yamajammer76 said:
gas n go said:
I personally don' t view this as a rebadge, but rather a re- engineer. I almost purchased the pro cross turbo but luckily held out and just Yamcharged my Apex. Now that Yamaha has there mitts on it, the panels look a little more refined the paint will stay on, the clutches will not overheat, the belts will likely survive, the engine will be just as /if not even more bullet proof, the fasteners will all be anodized, yes warranty will be available, a different chassis dynamic is made available to team blue, two manufacturers will continue to produce sleds keeping the other two inline and I will be reporting my first riding season on the Viper to you this time next year. My wife's BMW was built in North Carolina and it is a work of art, I am confident that Yamaha will have everything built to their spec as their dealers will be servicing the new sleds and honoring the warranty. Change is inevitable!

Yes, but this is going to be coming off an assembly line ran by Arctic Cat NOT Yamaha. I would hope that Yamaha has engineers placed inside the factory to monitor assembly and the components used in it have all met Yamaha's specifications for design quality. That's the deal here. If the Cat is a lemon or has poor quality components it is sort of expected. If it says Yamaha on the hood there is a different level of expectation from the customer. It MUST be a high quality product if it is going to be sitting next to an Apex or Vector on the showroom floor.

Last... for the love of mankind... I sure the heck hope there is a quality Yamaha clutch and drive system in that sled, because by now everyone knows the AC clutch and drive systems are junk in the ProCross.

What apex? There won't be any but leftovers . No need for one when you offer a 185hp and a 135-140hp sled in the same chasis. It will be the new phaser, the existing vector, and this with an option of more then likely a mpi turbo on it.

Um... Someone posted a picture of a 2014 Apex a few posts back (or maybe it was a 2014 Vector... I'm not sure), but anyhow I'm not exactly sure if the ProCross chassis is capable of 185 HP without the engine twisting all over. If you see a 185 HP option it might be in a much stronger Apex chassis. I guess we just have to wait and see what they are up to when they announce tomorrow.

I wont post it here but if anyone wants to see the side view... head over to the HCS procross forum and in the thread 'Could this be the new YamaCat', there is a side view of the sled. looks damn good to me!

Profile view seems better. But no tuner skis?

Embargo....sorry boys but please dont post pics until tomorrow

What If the chassis is shared but Yamaha has the 4 strokes and cat has the DI 2 strokes? With a 2 stroke racer for Yamaha. If its done to Yamaha specs does it matter what badge is on it? Maybe it goes deeper than sleds. Cat is releasing a 4 seat wildcat to compete with the razor and there are some rumors that a new rhino will be released to do the same. This collaboration may be bigger than just a sled or 2. But who cares if it's done right.

Now if the rumor is true of who supplied the turbo, and that it is on a nytro motor I have a question for you all. We all know that the nytro motor has limitations for future power unlike the cat motor. Being they have more then likely played with the timing to get the turbo to work on flat land correctly. You may be able to add an exhaust but I don't see much more without screwing with the motor and the map slightly. Might be able to get 200 out of her max without studs, shim etc. now with the cat version they use low compression instead which makes it slower off the line, but creates great future potential for crazy hp with minimum boost dollars out of your wallet. Which would you prefer? If I left it stock minus skis etc i would say the yamaha. It will have a punchier torque curve for the trail, and a good 600 time. Now if I built it I hate to say cat or go back to an old apex.

Now this is all IMO and speculative of course :)

sheetwright said:
Now if the rumor is true of who supplied the turbo, and that it is on a nytro motor I have a question for you all. We all know that the nytro motor has limitations for future power unlike the cat motor. Being they have more then likely played with the timing to get the turbo to work on flat land correctly. You may be able to add an exhaust but I don't see much more without screwing with the motor and the map slightly. Might be able to get 200 out of her max without studs, shim etc. now with the cat version they use low compression instead which makes it slower off the line, but creates great future potential for crazy hp with minimum boost dollars out of your wallet. Which would you prefer? If I left it stock minus skis etc i would say the yamaha. It will have a punchier torque curve for the trail, and a good 600 time. Now if I built it I hate to say cat or go back to an old apex.

No way will they stuff a 3cyl Nytro turbo in that chassis, first, the motor is backwards from the 1100, second, its wider, third, no more rear mount exhaust. The 1100 makes a ton of heat as it is with the turbo in front. I own one and have had it completely apart down to nothing, its cramped for a 2cyl and no way is there real-estate for a 3cyl/turbo. I bet u its a Nytro N/A, THATS IT. No one would buy a overprice under powered turbo 3cylinder when the 1100 still exists, it can make double the power for the same money, and the ECU is writable, unlike the Yamaha.

stopdropanroll said:
sheetwright said:

No way will they stuff a 3cyl Nytro turbo in that chassis, first, the motor is backwards from the 1100, second, its wider, third, no more rear mount exhaust. The 1100 makes a ton of heat as it is with the turbo in front. I own one and have had it completely apart down to nothing, its cramped for a 2cyl and no way is there real-estate for a 3cyl/turbo. I bet u its a Nytro N/A, THATS IT. No one would buy a overprice under powered turbo 3cylinder when the 1100 still exists, it can make double the power for the same money, and the ECU is writable, unlike the Yamaha.

I would rather have the Nytro engine than the 1100 twin hands down.The Nytro engine is far superior of an engine.

I couldn't be happier...I've been on here for years reading all the posts from everyone crying about their Yamahas not handling...too heavy...shocks not valved correct and even swapping out the skid for a Cat skid? Now everyone is crying that Yam is in bed with Cat? For me it's a perfect match...I almost pulled the trigger on a PC cat turbo but waited because of the issues my bud had last year, he has a new 2013 and its been flawless...add a Yamaha drive and it should be a homerun. Bottom line...ride more and cry less this is what we've been asking for!

Back