• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

found something...... Iguess they never could get the handwarmers to work.

Attachments

• 2014.jpg
    2014.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 122

Was at the yamaha dealer today taking about klim with polaris buying them and talked about yamaha...He says they dont no much just a higher HP eng. and a lighter sled other than that nows nothing..he did say he doesnt thing cat and yamaha will build sled together....Have to wait and see
I must say i do like the new klim gloves i got

Sled Dog said:
What new technology has the others brought to the table in the last 10 years? Rider position stingier oil consuming 2 strokes? Who brought the 4 stroke to the table and all of them have copied after chastising Yamaha for it? Who brought power steering, electronic suspension adjustment, the dupont sliders come on now and be fair here Yamaha has always been a leader in bringing new technology to the table. :yam:

Come on.... really? What about the R-motion, T-motion, electronic reverse, bonded chassis, eTech, 417 lb mountain sleds, stock turbo charged sleds with 177 hp, sliding front arm skids, the Pro-ride rear skid, and the most significant change since IFS - rider forward ergonomics - from back in 2003 with the REV. And then you have Yamaha's biggest, most recent innovation.... hyfax or was it adding a 1.75" track to the XTX?

I agree, Yamaha is and can be innovative but its happening at a snails pace. Just read about the '13 Nytro in my Snotech that showed up today and let's see... whats new.... separate switches for the hand and thumb warmers, ok. Down graded shocks with no adjustments but that is advertised as an improvement because it made the sled lighter.... hmmm? Dual keel tuner skis because that's cheaper to do than upgrading the sled with the race front end, got it. New hand warmer elements, now that is good! Gold star! Guys have only been griping about that since '08. Oh, almost forgot, slightly revised track so the rear end slides out easier, huge...that's huge. What else, what else.... new drivers! That is good, extrovert drivers are a nice improvement, I put some on my '02 MXZx 440 back in '03 and they made a noticeable difference in reducing track friction.

Compare the '13 to my old, base model '08 and what's really all that different? The tunnel, that is an excellent change but then the shocks aren't as good. The subframe is reinforced but the geometry is the same and the FX2 front end didn't improve things much at all. Skis and a the track are different but so what? Dual keel skis don't work for aggressive riders and I rather not make my track grip LESS in the corners. Bigger tank? No. New race front end? No. Weight reduction without giving me cheepo shocks? No. Revised body panels so they don't push up into the clutch and wear a hole? No. Easier to use handle/linkage for the reverse? No. Mount the skid further back in the chassis to get it to handle better with a 128" track like the race sleds? No. Different positioning of the bars so they don't have that funny swing that the OFT relocator helps to correct? No. Improve mounting for the oil tank so it doesn't vibrate loose and crack? Doubt it but not sure. And you get all that for $1,300 more list price than what they asked for the sled in '08.

You forgot to mention about all the blown engines the stingy oil burning etec two strokes had and still have. Is that progress or trying to beat govt regulations? It would be the latter and how about the $200 cat belts being burned up in a day is that going forward? You can go back and read how much some members here disliked not having reliability, walking is not fun and not being able to do one trip without a breakdown is not fun either. Yamaha is reliabilty becasue they build things well which means more weight you can ride or walk your choice in the ten years I have owned my 4 strokes yamis I have never had to walk home or be pulled home. I have pulled the other three colors more than once. Build them light and they will break down more often the other three have proven that point as well. There is room for Yamaha to make some improvements and I do hope they do it but not at the cost of losing reliabilty its what this company stands for and some just dont get it. Your not going to will or force Yamaha to build something that is not reliable its that simple.

What did yamaha introduced in the last 10 years,lets see,the first performance 4 s,the 3 cyl vector,then the new apex with the new mono,then came the phazer with that sweet 2 cyl engine,nitro with a new suspension,xtx suspension,a new venture ,revised apex with exup,power steering,efi on all models,the mono is still the leader in ride quality,what,s with everybody stating that yamaha isn't in the game,new skis, new slides,c,mon

pat the rat said:
What did yamaha introduced in the last 10 years,lets see,the first performance 4 s,the 3 cyl vector,then the new apex with the new mono,then came the phazer with that sweet 2 cyl engine,nitro with a new suspension,xtx suspension,a new venture ,revised apex with exup,power steering,efi on all models,the mono is still the leader in ride quality,what,s with everybody stating that yamaha isn't in the game,new skis, new slides,c,mon

I assume dupontslides could become standard hyfax on all sleds and they are great! (but they are expensive and are really a fix for a problem caused by the skid) non the less it's a good development. Powersteering as well is pretty exiting. So yeah Yamaha is indeed developing and they have done some really good and inovative stuff.

Im buying Yamahas for a good reason, but there is room for more. And I think for those that likes to buy new sleds quite regularly Yamaha havent really cought on to the trend to keep updates comming anually. To justyfiy buying a new sled every year you would need "something" thats improved or new to say hey I need that.. For mountain riding the runnig boards on both the phazer mtx and nytro MTX sucks, great for trails to not get wet feet horrible for clearing out snow. When they saw this they should have inproved the design and not have so long wait times untill improvments come. But they are not alone with these issues but even so they deserve beeing adressed..

With that said Im really looking forward to something new and improved for 2014, and if nothing else I hope they have incorporated all third party products you read about on here as original equiptment for 2014, if eather of these Im getting a 2014..

If you look at yamaha's motor history in other power sports such as boating and waverunner's they have never put out a turbo. However they do build a supercharger for the 4 cylinder jet boats.

This is what I believe will be released. A supercharged 2 or 3 cylinder model. The reason being it's compact, no additional underhood heat , instaneous power, and not loud. They will run an electronic BOV so that when its's cruising there will be no boost so gas mileage will not be affected.

Just my 2 cents.

HUGE BREAKING NEWS OVER ON THE APEX FORUM!!!

biffdotorg said:
OK, Somebody actually leaked and posted a video shot from an iphone or phone of some sort.

This could have been shot at a test facility. By the looks of the rear exhaust it has to be a combination of chassis since Arctic has never had rear exhaust. But those big spread spindles are definately like a ProCross. Nobody can argue about the ditch pickle green either.

Can someone confirm that this could be shown at the Dealer Meeting in Minneapolis coming up? Maybe this is a new 2014 Yamaha Snowmobile or possibly a 2014 Arctic Cat Snowmobile?

http://youtu.be/lyViVmaBQDg

I heard a rumour that Yamaha will eliminate the rear exhaust system.

Grimm said:
I heard a rumour that Yamaha will eliminate the rear exhaust system.[/quote

Why to put more wieght in the front ...thats where it needs to lose alot not gain...they really need to get the eng. under the ridder alittle more to get some wieght off the front end ...thats just a start...but we will see very soon...when is the date anyways

Back