• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Brian is also competing in this year's Iron Dog with Eric Quam, team 23.
http://www.irondograce.org/race-trackin ... s/?team=42

I'm bummed they are not running 4-stroke 1100's. Instead they are running 2-stroke 600cc Sno-Pro race sleds that require pre-mix. They will lose time at every single fuel stop having to pre-mix their gas (they'll have to do the math before they fill to determine how much oil to add based on how much fuel they need). Pre-mixing fuel at -40 has not proven to be a good way to go for any team that has run the Sno-Pro. The Cat teams had way more success running the old F6. My understanding is the rules won't allow for oil injection to be run on the Sno-Pro even though I'm pretty sure a kit exists.

The 1100 is being run by three teams this year but its biggest issue is that it's slow. I've heard it has a hard time even making 90 mph. There are lots of places on the different rivers where the racers can hold their thumb to the bar for miles!

There is one Yamaha team again this year and one of the racers owns the Yamaha dealer (The Prop Shop) in Bethel. I doubt they will use the race front end because if they break or bend a part, its too difficult to get a replacement. There are lots of times where racers will buy and take parts off private sleds out in the villages just to get them back into the race.

I see the point about lowering expectations. Every year we have had our hopes up only to be disappointed. It seems to be the norm. Regardless, let's hope this year is different. I am taking a step forward and saying it is. C'mon... a call for an international dealer meeting can't be just to introduce a new decal package.

I hope you are right! All the great incentives on existing models and a big dealer meeting are good signs.

They are also due for a new side x side and quad. Any chance the meeting could be for that.

brad d said:
They are also due for a new side x side and quad. Any chance the meeting could be for that.

Good post, I've been so focused on the sled division I forgot all about the summer machines. That would make a heck of a lot more sense. As we get closer to February my expectations of a new, light weight sled are diminishing a little bit more every day.

I'm not saying there couldn't be some summer vehicles at the meeting, but I saw the announcement sent to dealers with all the dates and schedule of events and it is all focused on the snowmobile division.

Or Yamaha is closing shop with sleds dumping existing product to focus efforts and resources on everything else.

Yamaha Nytro 2014? new stuff is coming--could this be it?
improvements in driveline technology could be the new frontier!
12/31/2012 This was on Dyno Tech Research, I was to cheep to pay $20 for a year to turn out to be nothing, anyone subscribe to them.

According to snowmobile.com the new 2014 yamaha.

Attachments

• 2014 yamaha 2.jpg
    2014 yamaha 2.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 319
SRXSRULE2 said:
I doubt it since it has another company's name right on it. However Yamaha should sue them for the direct rip off of the sno scoot lol

Thats what I thought too and it looks like it came from lego! Hopefully this isnt it!

Back