• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

With Yamaha sticking to its old technology for the last many years I believe they have been working and testing new technology in the meantime. I am sure it took years to design and develop the RX-1 on the snow to the point of release. While the Viper was getting updated shocks and new decals each year engineers were up to something. I believe this intro will be no different. If they haven't developed anything new, this means designers and engineers have been sitting idle since 2008. I truly do not believe this has not been the case.

There might be more to the cats with yamaha engines idea, may or may not have heard some info...

With that said, my source better be wrong, because the quality of cat is something I hope never to be affiliated with yamaha.

1 TOUZAN said:
There's a picture on Ross Erdman's face book page of his cross country sled in the garage with what looks like possibly a die cast sub frame if you look at where upper control arms mount and the front body work looks more finished, possibly getting close to final production form ? Also on USXC site there's a picture of back end of sled that shows a rear mounted heat exchanger at end of tunnel.
Can you copy those pictures so we can se them here :)

Sled Dog said:
That said when they commit to something they go at it full bore like no more 2 strokes and that kind of thinking can hurt them for sure if it means missing a market like the mountain. They can build a mountain sled two stroke and maybe they should until such time they can make a 4 stroke light enough or maneuverable enough to take its place. Balance and handling will be key to get that done but I beleive they will in time.
Well said! If yamaha would make a sled that is as maneuverable and fun to ride as my current Pro RMK, 2 stroke or 4 stroke, i would be back on a blue sled in a heartbeat.

Its most certainly is a CF cast front end............

Attachments

• 74956_561110440584071_968944712_n.jpg
    74956_561110440584071_968944712_n.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 375
A blast from the past..........CF cast front clip.My spi :Rockon: rits have soared

Attachments

• 100_2010.jpg
    100_2010.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 276
Disagree - that first photo is a Yamaha race subframe and spindles - painted black.

Coolers at the rear would be good if they can get rid of the rad over the nytros engine,lower center of gravity.Heres the pic.

Attachments

• 23374_317966151655717_1078114814_n.jpg
    23374_317966151655717_1078114814_n.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 199
OVR4D said:
Disagree - that first photo is a Yamaha race subframe and spindles - painted black.
Look where the top a-arms are mounted to the clip.Very different from what it was made of before,Its coming :Rockon: F**K the steel front clips,give me the sweet stuff :jump: .

Heres photos of last seasons racing nytro with the latest one first.Notice the difference........

Attachments

• yamaha-workshop-179-199x300.jpg
    yamaha-workshop-179-199x300.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 112
  • yamaha-workshop-184-300x199.jpg
    yamaha-workshop-184-300x199.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 132
  • 74956_561110440584071_968944712_n.jpg
    74956_561110440584071_968944712_n.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 148
Bad Attitude said:
You know I will continue to ride a Yamaha snowmobile no matter what some french canadian marketing yellowshirt dreams up. Real tired of this weight
crap thrown at Yamaha by Skidog. We kick their arses at the Shoot out the past two years in the six-hundred class. Oh with a sled that is considered a cruiser. A long track Vector. Gee maybe we should have brought out the NYTRO XTX and really embarassed them. We win in cross country. We win in drags. Our engines are the best. Rotax keep trying. They copied our three banger four-stroke. Stop playing the Skidog game. Oh we need a ultra light tin can when you step on one side of the frame you tweak the opposite side ski. The dirty little Skidog secret is they have been quietly adding weight to the past two or three year models to beef up the aluminum beer can frame. Deep snow and snowcross are not the only side of our sport. Next time one of your yellow riding pals starts breaking em. Ask him how is that siix hundred etec running. New pistons yet? Hows that ultra light drive train holding up? Twisted and broke. My Yamaha is running fine. :yam:

I agree, the Yamaha engines are the best in the business. However your statement"We win in cross country/ We win in drags" Leaves me scratching my head. :o| Did I miss something?

yamahabandit said:
Bad Attitude said:
You know I will continue to ride a Yamaha snowmobile no matter what some french canadian marketing yellowshirt dreams up. Real tired of this weight
crap thrown at Yamaha by Skidog. We kick their arses at the Shoot out the past two years in the six-hundred class. Oh with a sled that is considered a cruiser. A long track Vector. Gee maybe we should have brought out the NYTRO XTX and really embarassed them. We win in cross country. We win in drags. Our engines are the best. Rotax keep trying. They copied our three banger four-stroke. Stop playing the Skidog game. Oh we need a ultra light tin can when you step on one side of the frame you tweak the opposite side ski. The dirty little Skidog secret is they have been quietly adding weight to the past two or three year models to beef up the aluminum beer can frame. Deep snow and snowcross are not the only side of our sport. Next time one of your yellow riding pals starts breaking em. Ask him how is that siix hundred etec running. New pistons yet? Hows that ultra light drive train holding up? Twisted and broke. My Yamaha is running fine. :yam:

I agree, the Yamaha engines are the best in the business. However your statement"We win in cross country/ We win in drags" Leaves me scratching my head. :o| Did I miss something?

don't know about you but my nytro will trade wins with about any sled

I agree stone, nytros and apexs can put the power on the ground like no other so an increase in hp is not what I'm looking for but a platform that is 100lbs lighter in both models to start. Yeah there is aftermarket options but face it, 257lbs heavier than cross fires, etec s is funny as hell when you smoke them in 500ft but also makes for a sled that is terrible in powder for maneuverability.

Back