• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dilligaf said:
When talking to the owner of a local Yamaha dealer, he told me 2 things.

1) He's never seen Yamaha so tight lipped about next years sleds.
2) Cat hasn't taken an engine delivery from Suzuki in a year.

Take those statements with a grain of salt I would say. I'm kind of afraid that we're building this up to big, but makes for good conversation and some dreaming (hope I'm wrong about the last part).

And even if Yamaha doesn't change anything and we have a good snow year next year here in Minnesota, I'm in for an APEX XTX. I'm still not going to deal with 3k-5k mile engines from the other manufactures (excluding the doo 4-Tec). In this day and age, that's just not acceptable.
Got to say yamaha is the most tight lip i ever seen(even more tight lip than the RX-1).Also heard the rumour that cat will continue to make suzuki engines in there own plant(they claim to hold the rights to the designs).

Well cat is excepted to start making there own engines in the plant they built..may not be 4 strokes but I now they are making some kind of engine in that plant :sled1:

dilligaf said:
brad d said:
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=116810

8500$ nytro.. something must be coming

Looks like I unloaded my FxNytro just in time (last night). Not replacing it until maybe next year depending on the snow. No snow, no new trail sled.

That's good for you, but this "FIRE" sale stuff is going to beat up the used values. You cant sell your old sled for more or even close to what they are asking for a "new leftover" I just hope there is not a crap ton of them in the market so values will eventually creep back up to some sort of normalcy.

I want a new sled for next season , but like most riders cant afford to lose my pants on the one I have currently.

Well...were 33 pages in. If Yamaha comes out with BNG and a long track PZ next year this forum is gonna looking like a scene from The Happening....lol

Just rode my buddy's Arctic Cat '13 HCR 162 1100 turbo. WOW! His is modded with an exhaust and reflash and was set at 200 hp. I've never ridden a sled that powerful before and it was amazing to ride something where the engine kept pulling and pulling and wasn't running out of power. It was also amazingly smooth, I didn't expect that. I thought the power would be nasty and wicked, hit hard and be scary. Not at all. My Nytro had a more abrupt power delivery. I was also surprised that the engine vibration was not anywhere near as bad as I expected.

The power was amazing but I was really pleased by how the chassis handled. You can feel the sled was heavier but it was still pretty easy to throw on its side when carving off trail. It hid its weight much better than either my Nytro or Vector. I was pretty impressed by how Cat was able to make a 4-stroke that didn't feel so fricking heavy. It handled great, no weird darting tendencies like a Nytro. I hope Yamaha is coming out with something truly better for '14 because they need to pull their head out of their butt. Cat has figured out how to make a much better handling 4-stroke than any sled Yamaha currently offers.

AKrider said:
Just rode my buddy's Arctic Cat '13 HCR 162 1100 turbo. WOW! His is modded with an exhaust and reflash and was set at 200 hp. I've never ridden a sled that powerful before and it was amazing to ride something where the engine kept pulling and pulling and wasn't running out of power. It was also amazingly smooth, I didn't expect that. I thought the power would be nasty and wicked, hit hard and be scary. Not at all. My Nytro had a more abrupt power delivery. I was also surprised that the engine vibration was not anywhere near as bad as I expected.

The power was amazing but I was really pleased by how the chassis handled. You can feel the sled was heavier but it was still pretty easy to throw on its side when carving off trail. It hid its weight much better than either my Nytro or Vector. I was pretty impressed by how Cat was able to make a 4-stroke that didn't feel so fricking heavy. It handled great, no weird darting tendencies like a Nytro. I hope Yamaha is coming out with something truly better for '14 because they need to pull their head out of their butt. Cat has figured out how to make a much better handling 4-stroke than any sled Yamaha currently offers.
but they cant figure out how a clutch system works,i've never seen so many belt failures as i've seen this season,and its barely starting,4 belts in 1 day for a friend of mine,mind you,we were drag racing all day,but still,at $200 + a belt,it kinda hurts,yammi's $80 belt is light years ahead

07 Apex Gt said:
If cat makes they're own engines i better get a new tow rope

And stock up on these

Cat%2520extinguisher.png

Arctic-Cat-Flare.jpg

AK rider-Those are my impressions of the Cat Turbo engine and chassis as well. You're opening up a can of worms by praising the Cat on this site.
I hated going back to Cat after 5 years on Yamis, but at my age I needed something I could ride without feeling like I was bull riding all day.
Its beyond me how someone can continue to blow belts and not check for the problem. I have over 700 miles on my turbo and no belt issues whatsoever.
Come on Yamaha! I still miss that sound and the fit and finish! I'm afraid another year or two might be too late to catch up and yes there is some catching up to do

Hearing about how good the other brands are only throws the ball into Yamaha's court. I think it is a good thing that Cat has an impressive 4 stroke. It is a good thing for manufacturers to race for technology to improve the product. This only reiterates what Yamaha needs to do. I bet many of us on this site have ridden other brands thinking they were the best. I went from growing up on Doo's since the early 70's, then turned Poo in the 90's then Yamaha in 2000's. I am hardcore Yamaha to the point where I refuse to even look at any other sled. It doesn't matter what issues I have. If Cat came out with something earth shattering then I will switch.

You can't tell me that Yamaha is not paying attention to the competition.

Yamahabandit,
I know. It's never my intention to bash Yamaha (despite of what a few on this site think) but Cat really has something. Here they are using the same basic chassis as their 600 Sno-Pro race sled and you can get it with a 4-stroke. That just makes great sense! I know they aren't perfect, no sled is but I'll say right now, had I been able to ride a Cat 1100 back to back with my Nytro back in the fall of '07, I'd have bought the Cat.

Pat the Rat,
I don't understand how anyone would blow through $800 worth of belts without stopping and figuring out what they are doing wrong? Obviously something is not aligned, their clutch set up sucks, or they've got a serious problem with their secondary ballooning the belt and Cat already issued a fix for that. That's not to say Cat clutches are perfect, there are better options out there from what I understand but fixing the clutching is a heck of a lot easier and cheaper than fixing the front end on a Nytro.

Here is a pic of the underside of the tunnel on my buddy's 1100T. No ice. Maybe Yamaha could take note that running the exhaust under the tunnel is a really stupid fricking design. I got a chance to look at the engine layout on the Cat and I think having the front dump exhaust makes a lot more sense. The exhaust system is way shorter & lighter and the engine was still canted back towards the bulkhead a bit. Makes me wonder how Yamaha thought it was a good idea to run a hot exhaust system right under the gas tank?

image_zpsfb3ab0e6.jpg

The 1100T is behind my RMK. I'm not brand loyal to anything and I've been learning more and more about Cat's now that my buddies have them.

image_zpsbe53e9af.jpg

I kinda wish the EPA would ban 2-strokes so all the OEM's would be forced to improve their 4-strokes so they were much lighter and somehow get them to be nearly as agile as a 2-stroke.

theres lots of ice build up in my friends xf 1100. and i prefer my nytro in the trails over his xf 1100 or 1100t cross tour. but there nothing faster then the 1100t smooth never ending power

The cats have a nice sled but my mcx 180 turboed nytro xtx will beat a chipped 1100 t crossfire In a race. Might not out run it but the yammy will kill it off the line and has far better throttle response than a cat. The 1100t seems to pull more like a diesel. And on the belt issue I ride with a 1100t xf and hcr and they haven't blown a belt yet in a year and a half with a thousand miles on both. If Yamaha comes out with a new mountain sled I might have to get one if not I will stuff a rmk skid in my xtx and make my own. Lol

Back