• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

A cast front bulkhead sure seems like a production item to me???????? Wonder what else is new on this sled.

Low Slung - thanks for getting those pictures up, as usual I would have had to find a 5 year old kid to help me do that. LOL! I kind of think those pictures where put on there for a sneak peak, like I said that front body work looks pretty finished to me. It kind of reminds me of when I was at the Brainerd MN. Sno Cross race in 2007 when Yamaha showed up with the new Nytro body work on the sled before there was any announcement of it. I think what form Ross's sled is in right now is probably real close to final spec. The other Yamaha guys didn't have that stuff last weekend. They might be getting all the new stuff ready for the SOO race, just a thought.

Either way I am looking forward to the March show here in Ottawa I want to see the look on my buddies faces when Yamaha blows the show room floor away finally. I have faith Yamaha has only once disappointed me in 15 years. I have a good feeling about this 2014 year for them. Either way it will be good because the new will be out and the used market will explode. I am already seeing 2013's high end for 15k and used 2011 and 2012 for 8500. We'll be anxiously awaiting the deals and the new sleds.

1 TOUZAN said:
Low Slung - thanks for getting those pictures up, as usual I would have had to find a 5 year old kid to help me do that. LOL! I kind of think those pictures where put on there for a sneak peak, like I said that front body work looks pretty finished to me. It kind of reminds me of when I was at the Brainerd MN. Sno Cross race in 2007 when Yamaha showed up with the new Nytro body work on the sled before there was any announcement of it. I think what form Ross's sled is in right now is probably real close to final spec. The other Yamaha guys didn't have that stuff last weekend. They might be getting all the new stuff ready for the SOO race, just a thought.
Google my friend,can find anything(except lost keys LaLaLa ).As for the front end i check all the photos from the last three USXC races and no yamaha nytros had this new clip(if its the same clip painted silver?).

There is a huge mountain market that Yami has been missing for 5+ years. Where Im from, 10 years ago everybody had 121's, now everybody buys 153+. The long and short of it is the Nytro is a poor mountain sled.....there I said it. It doesnt compete with anybody elses 600's. You shouldnt have to buy suspension parts, steering relocates etc. to make it handle in deep snow. ANY mountain sled should handle in deep snow, yet the Nytro fights you every step of the way, from sidehills to powder turns. Switching from my antique Apex to a stock Nytro is almost embarasing... the Nytro is that bad. If Yami WOULD, because I know they can, build a 520lbs 180+ HP Mtn. sled, that handles like a Mtn sled should, out of the box without throwing thoudands of dollars at it, they would OWN the market. Sure there some guys that love the Nytro and what I find is they are the same guys sitting at the bottom of they hill watching everybody else having fun in the trees or climbing hills etc. Stock or nearly stock sleds ....which one is more fun----Nytro, Pro, ProClime, XM? Its not the Nytro. Are there some guys that can ride the snot out of a stock Nytro? yep but they are few and far between. Those same buys I would bet could ride a different brand even better.

Ok whats wrong with the dog in the pic it looks like he/she is either constipated, sat its butt down in a pool of battery acid or does not beleive a word anyone is saying about the new 2014's?

Sled Dog said:
Ok whats wrong with the dog in the pic it looks like he/she is either constipated, sat its butt down in a pool of battery acid or does not beleive a word anyone is saying about the new 2014's?

I think he doesn't believe anything about 2014 or he got the inside scoop of the 2014's and its only BNG! Beautiful Boxer though!

cacsrx1 said:
There is a huge mountain market that Yami has been missing for 5+ years. Where Im from, 10 years ago everybody had 121's, now everybody buys 153+. The long and short of it is the Nytro is a poor mountain sled.....there I said it. It doesnt compete with anybody elses 600's. You shouldnt have to buy suspension parts, steering relocates etc. to make it handle in deep snow. ANY mountain sled should handle in deep snow, yet the Nytro fights you every step of the way, from sidehills to powder turns. Switching from my antique Apex to a stock Nytro is almost embarasing... the Nytro is that bad. If Yami WOULD, because I know they can, build a 520lbs 180+ HP Mtn. sled, that handles like a Mtn sled should, out of the box without throwing thoudands of dollars at it, they would OWN the market. Sure there some guys that love the Nytro and what I find is they are the same guys sitting at the bottom of they hill watching everybody else having fun in the trees or climbing hills etc. Stock or nearly stock sleds ....which one is more fun----Nytro, Pro, ProClime, XM? Its not the Nytro. Are there some guys that can ride the snot out of a stock Nytro? yep but they are few and far between. Those same buys I would bet could ride a different brand even better.
You're saying that an Apex Mtx is better than a Nytro Mtx in deep snow? I find that hard to believe when the Nytro is at least 80 lbs lighter and has much better ergonomics for standing and moving around.

I've had an Attak and a Nytro shorty. To say the Apex chassis is better at anything other than top speed and wind protection is kind of ignorant.

But I do agree with the rest of your post. Yamaha is definitely lacking in the mountain category.

ruffrider said:
cacsrx1 said:
You're saying that an Apex Mtx is better than a Nytro Mtx in deep snow? I find that hard to believe when the Nytro is at least 80 lbs lighter and has much better ergonomics for standing and moving around.

I've had an Attak and a Nytro shorty. To say the Apex chassis is better at anything other than top speed and wind protection is kind of ignorant.

But I do agree with the rest of your post. Yamaha is definitely lacking in the mountain category.

I think he is saying "his" Apex Mtx is better than a Nytro Mtx. Check out his signature, looks like his Apex is set up quite well.

ruffrider said:
cacsrx1 said:

Not irnorant, realistic......ride a stock geometry Nytro and a stock Apex in 4ft of powder and you will see what I mean.

adubs916 said:
ruffrider said:
cacsrx1 said:

I think he is saying "his" Apex Mtx is better than a Nytro Mtx. Check out his signature, looks like his Apex is set up quite well.

This is alot closer to how an Apex Mtx should have came from the factory. The sled shouldnt have puked oil when rolled out of a stuck (allthough the light pod still breaks into a million pieces), the skid shouldnt have weighed 30 lbs more than other brands, the lugs on the track shouldnt have been bent over in 500 miles, the running boards had no chance of snow evacuation. The skis and clutching from the factory were quite good and I wish I wouldnt have spent money on them, thats my mistake. The reason I keep this sled is the motor....there is not a better na motor in a sled at this time.

cacsrx1 said:
Those same guys I would bet could ride a different brand even better.

That's what I essentially hear from my riding buddies out west every year. That if I was riding a 2-stroke how much better I would be. Yes it has gotten me thinking of going back to Polaris at some point. But at the same time I love the challenge of trying to take the heavy cumbersome sled into the same areas as the 2-strokes. Can I do everything they do? No, but I know my limitations and what the sled is capable of and then every once in a while I will push beyond that point to test my self and try to become a better rider

I do agree that Yamaha has been really missing out on the mountain segment for quite some time. But hopefully with sponsoring the hillclimb time for the last couple years that they are working on that department. I remember after the end of the hillclimb season last year it was said on snowest that "Yamaha is comitted to winning the horsepower game" and with the start of that season about a week away there's been no glimps of this years sleds or what's been happening...

I own two mountain sleds and have never seen a real mountain. I can only imagine weight being an issue in the mountains because I know what it is like to be stuck in deep snow amongst trees while breaking trail through the bush. What I can't imagine is how long can a two stroke motor last while riding all day to the bar climbing hills. I am sure mountain miles are a whole lot different compared to flatland miles.

I too could not understand why Yamaha would not capitalize moe on the mountain segment and improve things over the years. The relationship between Yamaha 4 stroke owners to me is similar to Dodge truck owners and Cummins diesel engines. I have heard countless times how a guy who drives a Dodge doesn't really like it, but says it's all about the motor.

Not to pee in you mountain guys corn flakes but it's all a numbers game......and statistically speaking, the mountain segment is miniscule in the overall scheme of things........no way it drives an entire segment of the overall business.

That said, I likewise hope they actually DO come out with some of the features etc. discussed.

buddah said:
Not to pee in you mountain guys corn flakes but it's all a numbers game......and statistically speaking, the mountain segment is miniscule in the overall scheme of things........no way it drives an entire segment of the overall business.

That said, I likewise hope they actually DO come out with some of the features etc. discussed.
I have to disagree, the other manufacturers have refined their chassis, brought out new chassis and refined those again in the same time the Nytro has been around, this tells me there is a sizable market. From December through April trailer load after trailer load of sled head west down I 80 and I 90, of which I would guess less than 5% Yamaha. The funny thing is I have never seen short tracks heading east.

Back