• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

psychosled said:
It's gonna be a cold night in Minneapolis tonight. Glad that the bar is warm. Thank you all for the entertainment.

:4STroke:

single post users saying things like this makes me scratch my head and wonder just how much entertainment we are providing the Yami guys.

DigitalFusion said:
psychosled said:
It's gonna be a cold night in Minneapolis tonight. Glad that the bar is warm. Thank you all for the entertainment.

:4STroke:

single post users saying things like this makes me scratch my head and wonder just how much entertainment we are providing the Yami guys.

:jump:

AKrider said:
Go to our club Facebook page, I've got it posted on there. There is no way a fake picture is going to get pulled so quick on this forum.

The pic is of the sled in the warehouse but much more clear and of higher resolution. It even has the skags sitting on the running board ready to be displayed. I'm sure its the real deal and I'm excited by what looks to be a heck of a nice sled.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Valdez-S ... 1808502687

if you zoom in where the seat meets the tank you can see the green coming through

4strokes are better than2 said:
AKrider said:
Go to our club Facebook page, I've got it posted on there. There is no way a fake picture is going to get pulled so quick on this forum.

The pic is of the sled in the warehouse but much more clear and of higher resolution. It even has the skags sitting on the running board ready to be displayed. I'm sure its the real deal and I'm excited by what looks to be a heck of a nice sled.

if you zoom in where the seat meets the tank you can see the green coming through

heard that too many times. Its black there. Black isnt a lack of color, its all teh colors mixed. You can see green in any pic in a black area if you zoom enough. I am NOT saying I think the pic is real... just saying that zooming in 1600x in a black area on any pic will show green in a transitional area

source: 15 years of experience in digital media

Why would Yamaha reuse the Viper and Venom names? Those were decent sleds, not legendary sleds. I don't think they have greatest reputation either, especially outside the Yamaha community. Would it make good marketing sense to name their all-new, hyped up sled after a so-so model from back in 2002? If they were to do that, why not call it an SRX instead?

sleep? I feel like a kid on xmas eve! I'll prolly fall alseep sitting at the computer

4strokes are better than2 said:
AKrider said:

Zoom in on the side panel and you can see a lot of green in the black stripe to the left of the white graphic.

Also, you can see a clear difference in the resolution of the Yamaha text on the side panel and the Viper graphic on the nose. Photoshop likes to do that when you warp/distort the text using perspective control.

RTYsxv said:
Why would Yamaha reuse the Viper and Venom names? Those were decent sleds, not legendary sleds. I don't think they have greatest reputation either, especially outside the Yamaha community. Would it make good marketing sense to name their all-new, hyped up sled after a so-so model from back in 2002? If they were to do that, why not call it an SRX instead?

the marketing uses a viper snake image and also used the phrase 'a snake that doesnt constrict, but takes your breath away' (hence the 20-30 pages of this thread dedicated to a non-CVT sled), CR posted that its the year of the snake, and yami already holds and has renewed the trademarks for the viper and venom.

I zoomed in as much as my lap top would allow and didn't see green. I've never read so many doubting posts about a sled pic before. Yamaha is likely going to have their hands full tomorrow explaining the arrangement with Cat. I'm sure that's why the pics were "leaked" out. They could gauge the response before the unveiling. Way too ironic for these two pics to get out a single day before the release.

Cat will likely have to be offering a 600 DI sled to get people to pick a Cat over a Yamaha engined pro-cross. I've not been this excited over a Yamaha intro for years. Last season I didn't even realize they'd intro'd the '13 sleds until I read a post on TY.

DigitalFusion said:
RTYsxv said:

the marketing uses a viper snake image and also used the phrase 'a snake that doesnt constrict, but takes your breath away' (hence the 20-30 pages of this thread dedicated to a non-CVT sled), CR posted that its the year of the snake, and yami already holds and has renewed the trademarks for the viper and venom.

I saw all that, but there are other names they could come up with related to a snake. They have a whole marketing department, and they've come up with some pretty creative names already (Apex, Attak, Nytro). The trademark renewal makes it sound convincing, but it just seems like a lack of creativity and there's risk of using a name that possibly has negative connotations.

I guess this is me expressing my hope that the pics are fake. Not because I hate Cat (as a matter of fact I'm probably going to buy a Proclimb), but because I wanted to see innovation.

A whatever it is I am sure I will like it, hopefully not enough to get a new sled, shhhhh my wife is sitting next to me lol

Back