• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2015 Viper Adjustments

Good to know, thanks. I'll get just get another pair to avoid the headache.
I think as short as our riding seasons have been that it would be a really good idea to start with good carbides. I can't tell you what will work best for you. I switched to dual 6" based on my dealer recommendation. I never got to try that setup with the short season last year. When the last season started I was tweaking my sled and making adjustments as noted above in this thread and it started to handle pretty good. Then it started to handle poorly, that's when I checked the OEM carbide/bars and lucky I did. 20 more miles and I would have trashed the skis too. But I wasted probably 100 miles with my handling getting worse gradually as the bars quickly wore out. The advice above is all sound. I also backed off the pressure on the front shocks a bit. This summer I studded the track with 90 studs for ice and hard pack. So with studs and decent carbides hope to fine tune the handling that was pretty good while the bars were still there.

Good luck, look forward to hearing your results with your new sled.

OEM Bars =trash at least you'll have one real one in the mix. Mine were completely worn down to the skis after 270 miles literally paper thin. I didn't listen to advice on here finding it hard to believe carbides could be gone in such a short period of time. My advice throw them out and use real carbides.

Good advice, mine were worn thru in spots with similar mileage, junk ! I am also mainly a trail rider and find that when the sled starts to push I'll just get on the throttle, rear skid couples and the sled turns. Took some getting use to but throttle is your friend....

Good advice, mine were worn thru in spots with similar mileage, junk ! I am also mainly a trail rider and find that when the sled starts to push I'll just get on the throttle, rear skid couples and the sled turns. Took some getting use to but throttle is your friend....
Interesting, I found the opposite.

Or the OEM carbides just fall out!

I put 6" inside and 4" outside and tighten limiter and still pushes may try different skis but it is better. It's an rtx-le

I have two pair of 6" shapers on order. I'll also make the other adjustments this weekend. I should have mentioned this earlier I'm 6'3" 260lbs so I'm guessing I should lean towards heavier/stiffer settings?

Last edited:
I have two pair of 6" shapers on order. I'll also make the other adjustments this weekend. I should have mentioned this earlier I'm 6'3" 260lbs so I'm guessing I should lean towards heavier/stiffer springs

For your wheight I think you can adjust for with the torsion springs at the rear skid. My buddy double rides with his wife and he adjusts for the additional passenger wheight with the torsion springs, he's also around 260lbs + his wife another maybe 100lbs and has no issues. I still beilieve u should start with settings that u think would work and go from there, these sleds are pretty good right out of the box.

Back