• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2017 BTX Serious problem

That's not right get an attorney.. my sled has a tor code so Yamaha is on their way to inspect it ... I'm not expecting gracious apologies.. their just trying cover their #*$&@.. if they do anything im sure it'll include a nds
Ya,we thought about it,but I decided to start the rebuild myself and a friend who is a mechanic at work,so my money is now spent rebuilding my sled I dreamed about all last year,but at least now,i can run a tune and have no worries about warrenty,sense I don't have any.

Is there any reason at all, that it would not be in the best interest of an OEM to have a sled equipped with a tether? I can't think of one. Anyone?

I agree 100% and have posted about this in other comments.

A tether should be 100% installed on 100% of the sleds in todays market. I know the tether on my sled has saved my #*$&@ and my sleds a few times.

Did you have insurance on said $17,000 sled? Wouldn't they be taking care of it as it sounds like it would be about totaled?
No insurance,it happened on a wendsday and was set to buy it on Friday,was in back yard,riding 5-10 mph around yard,and I jammed the throttle to see how my 192 studs hooked up on 2" snow,i guess I found out alright,its all on my shoulders,so far only things worth saving are A-arms and shock on left side,ECU motor intake,front bumper and intercooler,and plastic on LH side,jackshaft driveshaft track tail and rear bumper hood and brake caliper,most everything on RH side junk.

Back