• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Lots of testing and believe we have the offset nailed down

Okay I'll give that a try tonight. Thanks for the help. I'll keep you guys informed of my findings. So far great group with alot of knowledge.

Now, I had some rollers specially made that do not have a bushing, they are a pre-hard material. These haven't been tested yet and we are going to send a set to a racer/roller destroyer who could give us feedback on them. As mentioned, these are rollers with no bushing, precision fit to ride on the hardened pin.

Keep us updated about the new rollers.
;)!

Hi Guys new to the forum as I just got myself a sidewinder this year, came from an axys rmk. I've used the search function before posting and I felt this was the best thread to post on seeing as my sidewinder is opposite most others. I'm Having some issues with belts aswell. To my knowledge the machine is all stock 2017 btx le 153 2.25. I've blown two belts in 500km. I'm not sure if the secondary has been machined down at all. I have ordered the hurricane alignment tool but haven't received it and wanting to ride on the weekend. With 4mm of shims behind the secondary I'm dead on at 61mm offset. I've tried removing shims 1mm at a time than taking it for couple pulls and anything other than 61mm the clutches build excessive heat to the point you cannot touch them. I've also inspected the clutches for damage. Before riding this year I installed all new factory springs and rollers in both. Is there anything else I should check and is the heating a big concern? running stock 8jp belts.
Hey Coltan,I also have a 17 sidewinder btx le 153.Mine is still stock also except for some clutching that is working for me that reduced clutch temps and have not blown a belt in three seasons since changed to this set up.61 offset no shims behind secondary,33/35 dalton helix,1st generation o/b dalton spring at 6/1,bronze/ black dalton primary spring,stock weights in primary.I also cleaned up the secondary sheave as there was alot of casting slag making it stick and not back shift properly.Do not know if this info will help but thought I would share

How much would it cost if all SW's and 9000's were sent to Thunder to get fixed before delivery ????
Unless Thunder could set up shop at the end of the production line in TRF !
One way or another it is a cure for the transmission issues !
And then Thunder could send the these sleds to BOP and he could do his fixes , and the he could send them to Dave or Ben ,to do their magic , and then they ......................................................

Thunder products will always be able to machine the secondaries.

LOL at the end of the production line at TRF

So after a 300km ride with no shims behind the secondary the heating has gone away. I was digging around in the tunnel bag and found a second tool kit that had another spacer to set belt deflection that is 3mm longer than the one currently in the secondary so I'm assuming my secondary has already been machined down...tonight my hurricane tool arrived and I set the offset and measured I was to far in and had to add a .8 mm shim to get it perfect. I am now at 58.9mm offset and hoping for enough snow left this weekend to try it out.

So after a 300km ride with no shims behind the secondary the heating has gone away. I was digging around in the tunnel bag and found a second tool kit that had another spacer to set belt deflection that is 3mm longer than the one currently in the secondary so I'm assuming my secondary has already been machined down...tonight my hurricane tool arrived and I set the offset and measured I was to far in and had to add a .8 mm shim to get it perfect. I am now at 58.9mm offset and hoping for enough snow left this weekend to try it out.

I think most will tell you to take the .8mm shim back out so the you are at 58.1mm offset. It seems that the target range is 57.5-58mm.

I think most will tell you to take the .8mm shim back out so the you are at 58.1mm offset. It seems that the target range is 57.5-58mm.
I would be one that would tell him this also.. Not hard to make a run with it in and temp check and make another run same day back to back and temp check again? not EVERY sled is the same, but it sure seems like the target offset is 57.5-58mm.. Did you check that the hurricane tool was not bent? Like lay it on a flat surface?

Yes I checked the tool and it was fine. Without that .8mm shim in there i am not able to slide the go no-go piece in there it's too tight.

Figured I would give a last weekend riding update on the belt blowers that were worked on....

Belt Blower #1
Had the belt I put on (older 8JP) and after a bunch of stand ups and hard pulls, it broke Saturday. Put new Redline belt on and ran the whole weekend.
(I was running against this sled this past Saturday and know what these belts are going through)

The other Belt blowers are still on their belt after the offset fix.

Except for mine, I blew a Carbon Fiber belt and after putting on a a Redline, I was good to go all weekend. (Wanted to pull my rpms down a little and knew the 40C4313 is a stickier belt....guess too sticky)

Wanted to bring this back to the top. Good post. I will add that my 2022 LTX Se. with no washer behind secondary just the cir clip is @ 57.9 mm offset. That’s right from factory no machining no washer behind secondary. I will add it came from the dealer set like this. I will leave it right at that!!

im curious and will have to see if my 21 has washer or not once i get it out, does the secondary have any end play with no washer?

Wanted to bring this back to the top. Good post. I will add that my 2022 LTX Se. with no washer behind secondary just the cir clip is @ 57.9 mm offset. That’s right from factory no machining no washer behind secondary. I will add it came from the dealer set like this. I will leave it right at that!!
This tells me Yamaha is paying attention to this board.

It’s funny. As the owners manual (2022)is still showing a range of 58.1-61.1 mm. SO? I guess I’m not going to follow the owners manual? Must be a different department that makes the manual.
71336558-EE6B-433C-A3E9-90884E45B186.jpeg

Back