• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2018 Yamahas

I will have to say, while I was in the UP in February riding I stopped a couple times at Kip's other dealership that his brother Chad runs....M&M in Hancock. He had a few SW's on the floor but a bucket load of the new 2017 Cat's. I really believe Cat's fit and finish has improved greatly since the Yamaha partnership. It's one of the first times that I looked at their stuff and really liked them.

Last edited:

I will have to say, while I was in the UP in February riding I stopped a couple times at Kip's other dealership that his brother Chad runs....M&M in Hancock. He had a few SW's on the floor but a bucket load of the new 2017 Cat's. I really believe Cat's fit and finish has improved greatly since the Yamaha partnership. It's one of the first times that I looked at their stuff and really liked them.
The fit and finish is even better on the 18's. The new panels go on and off soooooo easy, it's pretty slick.

I was looking at a new 8000 cat today and fit and finish has improved for sure, I also liked the new speedo pod kinda reminds me of the ones found on the the apex and vectors.

I was looking at a new 8000 cat today and fit and finish has improved for sure, I also liked the new speedo pod kinda reminds me of the ones found on the the apex and vectors.
Noticed that too. Hope it rips

They did go with a new pod? Is that only on the 6000/8000 machines? I was thinking the 9000/sidewinders had the same pod still. I am going to have to go check that out on the AC site.

AC site is showing the same gauge for the 2018's as the current units. If you have a link or pic of the new one you speak of, that would be cool.
When I checked out the 18 in the showroom it looked to have a different pod than what's on the website. I could easily be mistaken or getting it mixed up with another machine I checked out. Looked at lots of sleds over the past month.

AC site is showing the same gauge for the 2018's as the current units. If you have a link or pic of the new one you speak of, that would be cool.
It looks like the pod on their sxs if i'm not mistaken

The pod on the newly released Wildcat is the same as the Viper Sidewinder. The pod on the previous wildcats are round.

That makes sense, as the new Wildcat XX has the Yamaha 998 NA engine in it..

The pod on the newly released Wildcat is the same as the Viper Sidewinder. The pod on the previous wildcats are round.

That makes sense, as the new Wildcat XX has the Yamaha 998 NA engine in it..
On the cat site if you scroll down right where they advertise the 12v outlet you get a small look at the pod

my dealer is a ways away but I've been buying from him for years, treat me excellent. Anywho, my dealer claims they have had no complaints so far. I do believe it will be a better engine than Doo's, last Idaho trip we had 3 out of 4 go down. Coincidence? Have a hard time believing that.
Can't really verify, but a while ago I remember reading that mountain guys get 2000 miles out of the 850 doo, on avg. I would think a 4 stroke would far outlast that. Under constant high loads and stress playing in powder, kinda still shows any weak points in 2 strokes. Like wot lake running...the 4 strokes feel like your just heading to the store for another 6 pack and chips....lol...I always had in the back of my mind after 6 + miles wot on any of my mach z's......'is it gonna make it?' lol
Never felt that with rx's, vectors or apexs...just pin and grin. Smooth as glass.

Can't really verify, but a while ago I remember reading that mountain guys get 2000 miles out of the 850 doo, on avg. I would think a 4 stroke would far outlast that. Under constant high loads and stress playing in powder, kinda still shows any weak points in 2 strokes. Like wot lake running...the 4 strokes feel like your just heading to the store for another 6 pack and chips....lol...I always had in the back of my mind after 6 + miles wot on any of my mach z's......'is it gonna make it?' lol
Never felt that with rx's, vectors or apexs...just pin and grin. Smooth as glass.
2000 miles out of a new 850 in the mountains, wonder if the Polaris 800 is blowing up at 2000 miles, that's not the sales pitch when they are selling you the new 850, must be the new diesel style rings letting go, pin and grin I like that, lol

Back