• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

opinions needed

TrueBlue

Lifetime Member
I have a 2018 Vector with the upgraded shock in it. Been through 3 shocks so far in 5,200 miles. These shocks came standard on 2018 Apex's. Back in the mid 70's it was the rule ( if I remember right) to raise the track off the ground to keep the track from stretching. Most of these machines back then just had a simple shock in the rear suspension. Now the new upgraded shock is a air shock w/ nitrogen in it. As far as the upgraded shock goes is it better to keep the pressure off the shock or keep pressure on it. ( Mr. Sled how do you store your Apex in the winter & summer, any problems with your rear shock. )

Thank's
Rich

well i have a 16 apex xtx with the single shot rear suspension. i have 2 of the upgraded air shocks now so i can swap them out every couple of seasons and get one serviced while i am riding with the other installed. i have stored it with the rear suspended and on the ground with only minor air loss of 5-8 pumps when i pre season it every year. i do know that the one i took out was wet with oil to the touch when i checked it and @cannondale27 told me that is bad with the floats. that one is waiting to go in atm as he serviced it and the one i have in the sled now.

just need a spare set of gytr or olin fronts for it to have a complete set to swap in like i do for the 2011.

I have a 2018 Vector with the upgraded shock in it. Been through 3 shocks so far in 5,200 miles. These shocks came standard on 2018 Apex's. Back in the mid 70's it was the rule ( if I remember right) to raise the track off the ground to keep the track from stretching. Most of these machines back then just had a simple shock in the rear suspension. Now the new upgraded shock is a air shock w/ nitrogen in it. As far as the upgraded shock goes is it better to keep the pressure off the shock or keep pressure on it. ( Mr. Sled how do you store your Apex in the winter & summer, any problems with your rear shock. )

Thank's
Rich
All four of our Apex's are on lift's during the off season, so the tracks and skis are off the ground. 12.13,14 and 16 Apex's

Thank's
Rich
Mine sit on Sled Dollie’s and are not hanging. I have tossed a block of wood under the track if I have them on garage floor for a long period of time. Has not been a problem for me.

My Nytro sits on dollies all summer long. No issues with the Fox Floats.

I talked to John at Accelerated technologies about this last year. Basically he said to take some weight off the shock but not to the point where the shock is fully extended. Its the spring (not gas) that gets compromised so taking some of the pressure off of the spring is a good compromise between parking it and walking away or keeping the sled completely suspended.

I talked to John at Accelerated technologies about this last year. Basically he said to take some weight off the shock but not to the point where the shock is fully extended. Its the spring (not gas) that gets compromised so taking some of the pressure off of the spring is a good compromise between parking it and walking away or keeping the sled completely suspended.
This is a air shock. There is no coil spring around the shock

This is a air shock. There is no coil spring around the shock
Yes, I was talking in generalities and it applies to the front as well. Basically don't leave the shock in either maxed out position and move the sled until the shocks are in neutral but not fully extended mode.

Back